1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

People like that tend to be raging morons -- they're easy to deal with. Just get them to admit in coherent writing, one way or another, that they intend to abuse the "report" function by either filing said reports wantonly, or using said tool to threaten other forum members. Also, upon filing your counter report, make sure to point out that said threats imply penalizations/bans, thus the user is also impersonating the role of a moderator.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp, monks got their dragon fire nerf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I hope that any SK nerf takes as long as it took to nerf the monk dragonfire.

4. Malleria

Malleria Member

Seriously? 12 pages of item updates from Caith. In a format no sane person will read. Pettiness gone mad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah.. minute, tedious detail for minor item changes... and they leave out item functionality changes, quest changes, changes to how boss scripts work...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

How's this one for a kick in the balls...

- The Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus now requires characters to be level 35 or above to fly.​

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

There's already a forum poster who is pissed at this, and letting everyone know about the 'bait and switch' tactics.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Well, now we cannot complain they don't communicate to the players..... That is more communication in one update then they given the past 6 months... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Nice to see they are fixing a few things that were pointed out week 1 of the expac.

Wish my bosses gave me that much time to fix things.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Whew. Been waiting for a detailed list of slight of changes on ROK gear since 2016.

Caith is the best Diva, errr.... Designer ever.

You rock, Bud!

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Obfuscation by detail, gotta love it...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

As lengthy as it is to read, I'm actually really glad to see some detail. Hopefully the trend continues...with luck, this could be the start of more much-needed transparency. <crossing ogre sausage fingers>

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You are ever the optimist, Shmogre.

The cynic that I am, I'm more inclined to believe Caith is playing the smart ass child.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If they were USEFUL details, I'd agree.
    All the 'details', and I'm with Anogi on this one, are for old obsolete content, relevant only to the people on the TLE server. 'Add stats <x,y,z>, increased stats <a,b,c> and removed stats <1,2,3> from various ROK gear would have been sufficient information for that wall of text.
    If they gave that kind of information for CURRENT content it would still be 'Obfuscation by detail', but it would be details a non-trival number of people might actually be interested.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Heh, I have to try, right? Be the change you want to see in the world and all that..

Yeah, the cynic in me (which is in constant battle with the optimist) is afraid you are right...there is a definite passive-aggressive tinge to those updates. :(

However, if they were to also include the level of the item and the archetype and/or class, these kinds of notes could be more useful. And if this is the pattern going forward, I'm all for it.

As someone who used to be responsible for change notes, I had an "overview" section that had short summary blurbs for skimming and a "detailed notes" section with the actual changes made. I'd love to see something similar for EQ2.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Agreed. Even with all that information given, the useful bits are missing (level, class, type, slot, etc.).

Much like trying to organize your music or movie library, the first pass is painful but the ongoing maintenance can be easier if it is kept up. I'd like to see this trend continue (with a skimmable summary section), because as you say, it would be handy for current content. As long as there is consistent transparency for other changes as well, I support this form of "you want details, you got details" documentation.

(edited: changed "maintained" to "kept up", the redundancy bugged me)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Stop wishing and end to us cynics, Shmogre. The world needs statisticians too :)!

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

My cynical side is WAY stronger than my optimistic side (and getting stronger every day)...it's not going anywhere. ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Me thinks Caith is in major melt down mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Yeah, I think the game itself is melting down. Not sure how to redeem it at this point... :(

(I hate when my cynical side is right, darn it. Guess there is a reason the "grumpy old man" trope exists...time makes cynics of us all.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2