1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, a player made sure it got to the forums. Someone usually does, so he can't really hide stuff he says on discord. He'll get pm'd from both, I imagine.

Really, nothing at this point can hide the fact that the game has become absolute garbage. The examine window is just a glaring failure because it's used so much. Even if that is fixed, most everything else from the revenue model, to itemization, to class homoginization, to stat and mechanics bloat, to playable content, and game design philosophy is terrible.

It's going to be a long, grindy, uninteresting, and boring summer for players, and no repaired item window is going to change that.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I have implemented some of the changes from EQ2 Live onto the item examine and popup windows on EQ2U. Namely I've grouped stats together and cleaned up innate Effects. I will not be changing our Reforging/Infusing/Experimenting interface.

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  3. Feldon

The character item cache table had surpassed 4GB and was causing major lag so I cleared it.

Upside: Great performance
    Downside: Followed characters have no gear

Fortunately I added a button to refresh that character's gear. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Did he say this before or after saying that it wasn't going to change?
    I may be odd, but I would of thought asking for suggestions would of been a good idea before the change ... that no one asked for.
    But anywho, I'll just post this bit of optimism here, as I skip away giggling.
    upload_2018-5-31_20-6-40.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

He never said he wouldn't change the window, just said the new window was here to stay.

I still suspect this new window has more to do with quality of life issues for DBG, and that user welfare wasn't much of a concern.

This is often how they make decisions over there, so why ask when you don't really care?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Like my cousin often says: "Don't ask a question, if you don't want to hear the answer!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

That's why the question is being asked on Discord. Anyone that disagrees with their rubbish, has already been banned.

I like your cousin.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It is because the vocal players that can actually give decent feedback have already been banned or muzzled.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

Discord is a joke, and an echo chamber. I said it was an echo chamber in the official forums, haven't gotten banned yet. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

You may. The person who complained about us commenting about the cost of membership being too expensive for us, his post was deleted. Not sure if anything happened to him, but Roxxly edited my post to remove his reply I replied to.

But if you do get banned, you can hang out with us cool players here!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Still considering breaking concealment on the forums long enough to do a properly epic flounce. Either it all goes away come Tuesday, or, who cares?

I'm probably only finishing up this xpac and no further anyway, even if it does continue.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Feldon

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It's possible to go in hard without getting banned. Just don't call anyone out by name , try to keep the tone neutral, and have a substantive and legitimate point.

That, being said, I've posted scathing crticisms absolutely dripping in sarcasm, and I've also received 2 ban warnings for posts that were mild and unremarkable by comparison.

My feeling is the same though. I'm not spending a dime on the game they are producing these days, so what-ev's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I'm a day late responding, because either I'm an idiot, or my gmail is. In any case, Gerbil (the post you pasted) is one of my personal Bubble Gnome fans (s)he follows me around and reports my posts. A couple of days ago (s)he even sent me a PM threatening to report me if I didn't stop.

Then (s)he got half a thread nuked where Arkamux was being a jackass and I called him a hypocrite.

Fun times.

And to reinforce what Fuli said, while moderation is erratic, some folks can get away with a LOT of heavy criticism, while others can't. I still haven't even gotten a warning, no clue how I've managed it.

EDIT: Me poking the Gerbil. I know I shouldn't taunt and mock the Bubble Gnomes, but sometimes I just can't help it.

And also, thank you Fuli. Having fishsticks tonight *nomnomnom*

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thread is gone...

16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The exchange between Arkamux and myself was in 'A Modest Proposal To Reduce Bugs'. At least the handful of posts that included our exchange, and possibly a few more, have been vaporized.

On the plus? side, it appears Roxxlyy has finally learned that she should edit deleted posts from the replies that quote them further along in the thread.

Or do you mean you can't see my linkie? Which is just Gerbil, Title: I will report you... Body: next time. I will let it go just this one. Followed by a brief exchange where I express how awesome it is that (s)he uses threats to abuse the report function to bully other posters. (On a personal note, I am not at all bothered by it, but it's still crappy tactics)

Edit: (S)he sent a similar PM to my partner a couple of months ago, as well as another around a week ago.

17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Dunno how you do it. I've only gotten one hate mail, and that was a long time ago.

Of course, I think you might have some kind of Bubble gnome radar that lights up when someone advances an argument with false information, and facts really piss bubble gnomes off.

My posts tend to be annoying liitle barbs directed at DBG management. Still, I have a sneaking suspicion Siggy is behind the two warnings I got.

In any case, I wish I had your skills. Bubble gnomes are fun.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I try to be nice to the gerbil. I think it lacks brain function. I've come to that conclusion from reading its post history.
    ps: I did call it an idiot once. /slaps self.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I largely ignored the person, and just posted around his/her gross misinformation, until (s)he sent threats via PM - that's a bit of a line for me, whether I actually feel threatened or not.

I'll return to ignoring him/her, so long as (s)he can control him/herself and refrain from more (kind of sad, really) attempts at being the moral forum police and issuing threats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

For what its worth, I would report the threats to DBG just on general principle.

• Agree Agree x 1