1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

The new window is awful. I would keep it as it is and just consolidate the green stats.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If it's not too much work for you, I'd suggest keeping the old format. While it doesn't look as 'pretty', it is significantly more usable when comparing items.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. stach

stach Member

They said on stream yesterday they hired a new coder and had him do it, they (KanderGninja) love it

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

If they (he) loves it its just further proof that none of the developers play the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

To be fair to Thart (I assume that's who they're talking about) he seems very responsive to players so far. My guess is he's just doing what he's told as amiably as he can. We already know the people who are handing out his instructions don't play the game and don't react well to feedback :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

They will react even less well to the dropping subscription numbers, too...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Wait.... let me see if I understand this... they fired an experienced dev (fireflyte) and "hired" a new one that have no experience with the eq2 code? Reason I air quoted hired is I suspect it is an intern and not actually a hired guy....

On another note, even the most die hard condescending bubble gnome that don't miss a chance to blame the users instead of the bad coded client/game/features etc is complaining about the new bugs on the forums. I had a very hard time to not reply to her by copy/paste her own words from her old responses to others.

Her quote "I am cranky" make me feel that GU106 was a major success! :rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

This had me laughing so hard when I watched the live stream posted on youtube

eq2fail.png

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Gonna take a wild stab and guess that your description matches our self-appointed official forums mod, knower of everything (but never actually right), and official DBG apologist....Siggy (I have no idea how to pronounce her name).

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

*DING* *DING* *DING* You are right! You win a brand new cigar!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I would call that a precise stab and not a guess at all. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Losing Fyreflyte sucks (he's an awesome guy and an OG when it comes to EQ2 knowledge), but his role on EQ2 was as a designer, not a programmer, and he was primarily doing TLE stuff, so you can't really compare the two. I'm also guessing Thart was hired before the layoffs even happened.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Thanks for correcting me, apparently I was out of the loop on what dev's did what.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Man, I just logged in to check things out and that new stat window is... not well designed. Hopefully they keep working at it because the only way in which I see it as an improvement over the previous stat window is with the consolidation of the stats like the primary attributes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

They gave him something to put on his resume.

Yep. They know it's toast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It feels a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic to me...

It's awful. I hate that I have to check all the way to the bottom to see if I can put an item on the broker or not now.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, The Kander had proclaimed:

(1) He loves it.
    (2) It is here to stay.

Seems to me, the only thing they needed to do was consolidate the green stats on the old window.

The Kander: "Hey New Coder, I want to create a new item window. Here's what I want."

New Coder: "OK"..........."Man, what kind of tech is this?"....."Well, here ya go. Was an epic battle, but job done!"

The Kander: "Awesome, love it!"

Users: "This new window is terrible. Why, just why????"

The Kander: "Activate ***double down*** mode!!!"

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 7
  18. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

SmokeJumper doubled down on unpopular ideas. It cost him.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Feedback is useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Lucus

Lucus New Member

Only when the devs actually listen, like when bugs are reported on beta/test and still make it to live or crappy examine windows that can't decide which row or side of the row to put potency, or moving the important item tags to the bottom of the window...

• Agree Agree x 7