1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It was a frighteningly long time into my EQ2 career before I understood that things like this on AAs:
    • Reduces recast of...
    • Reduces reuse of...
    • Reduces casting speed of...
    mean jack **** if you are already at 100% on recast, reuse, and casting speed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Half the time, I don't know if they are describing level adjustments or percentage adjustments. They tend to describe both the same way, but unless you know what the underlying value is (and the formula used to create it), you really don't know what you are working with.

Then there are hard caps, soft caps, over caps, and hidden mechanics....

Relevant stats, kind of relevant stats, kind of obsolete stats, obsolete stats.....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah... like it's clear that the PoP rmobs have different amounts of 'potency avoidance' (even just the overland names in PoM).. but that information is completely hidden from players.
    The pot avoidance is annoying.. hiding the values from the players is inexcusable.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

so, has the tradeskill apprentice been updated yet?
    I've lost all will to log in.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Chances of that ever happening are probably slightly better then the devs actually understanding how healing ACTUALLY works in game and coming up with a reasonable, viable, workable solution to the mess that healing has become.

Note: The channeler class adorn has a ward described as 'large' that is set at 30% of the channeler's max health. Considering that heroic zones have unblockable pulses from named mobs in excess of 80m a tick... calling that size of a ward 'large' indicates just HOW out of touch with the state of healing the devs are.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Zero chance of that happening because spell research revenue.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Got a warning for Trolling. They just do not give a ****.

This was the post:

----------------------
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Woohoo! Feldon got a warning! He needs to troll more often so he will get banned and post here instead... oh wait... nevermind...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lol. You could say "Hi everyone!" And you'd get a warning.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

They don't give a **** and that has been apparent for quite some time. Also, as the saying goes, the truth hurts.

As long as there are paying customers willing to tolerate their greed and mismanagement of EQ2 (although I will never understand why in a million years), they will continue with what they are doing until the piggy bank runs dry.

They aren't even worth our thoughts or words any more. I barely post on the official EQ2 forums any more. But I will continue to watch the state of the game until it sunsets from afar. I earned that right as have many of us who were devoted for 14 years and pumped a ton of $$$$ and time into the game we once loved.

Love you Feldon!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Playing a shadowknight of Neriak (though she doesn't follow Innoruuk) can I say "I hate you, Feldon… but least of all?" You are on the bottom of my Mortal Enemies list!

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Honestly, I'd love to be able to watch what the remaining players actually do in their time on EQ2. Call me presumptuous, but I feel like most of the bubble gnomes on the forums aren't raiders, and even when I last played (which was...over two years ago now, I think) I found next to nothing between "hard-core raider" and "I sit in solitude in a dead guild all day, decorating houses that no one will ever see."

I'm genuinely curious to see what kind of EQ2 experience it takes to make people willing to endure Daybreak, or if it's just fear of something new/clutching to something old.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

My friends, that's why I log in almost every day... and the fact that we now can occasionally do heroic zones. I don't need the gear but I have fun working with friends.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I think it's the lack of viable alternatives. Yes we all agree the game isn't what it was but for some things, it's hard to find a replacement. Decorating is a big one. I know other games have decorating but it either doesn't compare to EQ2 or I don't like other aspects of the game. That's just one example.

I say this because it's why I hung on as long as I did playing EQ2 (I quit about 1.5 years ago). Even after all that time I haven't found a replacement that draws me in the way old eQ2 used to do. I play LOTRO now but that's mainly because I have a lifetime sub and because it at least has a little decorating, crafting, questing, holiday festivals, great lore, and can be solo'd pretty easily unless you have to have access to ALL content. But there's parts of the game I really dislike too - mostly the travel.

I can't tell if the games don't appeal to me these days because they are different, or if I've changed and just can't be bothered to invest the time needed for meaningful progression. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

There are a lot of bits folks don't like much about Rift, but it has - hands down - surpassed EQ2 in both building and decorating by a very, very wide margin, and has done for a couple of years now. And while there is definitely some drop off, and things have shifted with their Rift Prime, it still has more life in it than EQ2.

I think what it comes down to with decorators is their STUFF, and the work it would take to start in a new game, even one that's better for what they want to do. So they'd rather drown in **** than take that first step to something better.

Rift and Wildstar both have fantastic build/decoration, from scratch.

ESO and SWTOR (hook based, but. very good hooks) both have solid decoration.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I tried Rift and the animations were meh mixed in with wtf (the shoulder swivel on female characters is absurd and I have never been a fan of elves with EARS THAT COULD DOUBLE AS WINGS!!!) as was the game-play.
    Wildstar.. I literally could NOT play a female character, the hip swing bugged me something awful. I also had my first experience with a character model that, literally, freaked me out. I made one of the female cat race critters.. it was fine while I was making it, but as soon as it moved.. I was literally out of my chair and across the room before I knew I was creeped out. I have NO idea what about the way it moved that freaked me out.. but it was all I could do to come back in and delete the character.
    I tried the game with a male toon and it was playable, but not interesting.

I played SWTOR a bit, but if you didn't sub, you literally would finish the solo quests without getting enough xp to do the next set of quests. SWTOR would make an EXCELLENT single player (or even multiplayer) game where you could actually explore the different story lines, but I found it just didn't work well as an MMO for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I may give Path of Exile a try. Been hearing good things about that game for years, and given the extremely casual nature of my gaming these days, might be fun.

Also happy to keep dinkin around on ESO.

Edit: on 2nd thought, after looking at the cash shop for Path, eh. I'll pass on that one.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Eh. If I could tear myself away from Fallout 4 I should do more with ESO...if you should see an Argonian named Apheol wandering Tamriel, say hi!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Oh, I hear you on Wildstar. I think playing as an evil space hamster would be incredibly amusing... for about a week. Then it would grate on my nerves, forever. And yeah, some of the races were just a tad unsettling.

While I do play games, I'm also less focused on traditional gameplay, so things like housing, holiday events, shinies, wardrobe, mounts - All The Things - can make up for a lot (to me).

No matter what game you're coming from - EQ/2, WoW, LotRO, DAoC… any of them, no other game is going to be that game. So it comes down to where a person is willing to bend to get a game that they enjoy. And it might not happen in another MMO.

But (to me) almost any game, flaws and all, is better than standing eyes deep in ****, that is on fire and giving you cancer. I left EQ2 for good this spring with the last 2 close friends that still played. One of them has gone back, and I am to the point I just can't do it again.

I salute the folks that stay, whatever their reason. So long as fun is being had ~ Game on!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

What? PoE is completely free. The cash shop is just cosmetics aside from the stash tabs, and you don't need those if you're just doing a casual playthrough. One thing I will say though is that PoE is on the difficult side of aRPGs, but it's super good. Easily on par with D3 and some would argue it's even better.

• Informative Informative x 3