1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

consolation fishies. they are delicious.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. splitpawthanos

splitpawthanos New Member

That's because I didn't have 15k on FG, I made and spent more than that on krono though. I stopped playing there at level 50 and still mde over 15k. I offered to send a screenshot of my krono amount but he said he didn't want one, then the thread was taken down anyway. If you think I and many others didn't make 15k in the first few months,what can I say, you're wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I don't know what's worse, all that crap Siggy put up there, or the fact that she's not really exaggerating. Not because the content calls for it--God knows it doesn't--but because folks are so stupid about "requirements" for grouping now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I can't really blame players for this; they just want to be done with whatever they're doing as fast as possible and while DPS isn't purely a function of gear, it sure as **** helps a lot and can help make up for someone's other inadequacies. Though it's always amusing when people spend more time trying to put together a perfect group than it would take to just clear the content with a lesser group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I can. They complain about "grouping is dead" while their own behaviors are a part of what's responsible. When populations were larger it could be suffered through, but now it's just cutting your own throat.

Friggin' geniuses.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Dungeon Finder in 2018?

How many MMOs leave out this feature and expect to survive?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

How many players who have these insane gear expectations would actually use it?

9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I reported the post as off-topic. Expect a 7 day suspension!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Im on AB server, weh ave our own RPLFG channel we use, that is by invite only, and we form up our groups there. We don't ask about gear, just can you zone in and are you dps, healer or tank? We have fun. And that is why most of us play. If any of you want join us in runs, just let me know. I am usually on during evening, Eastern US time. I wont invite you to the channel yet, but you will be informed of any groups forming.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The Dungeon Finder and Group Builder features, which at his request I wrote up a 2 page spec sheet to Kander, would have shown if the character wanting to group met certain survivability stats required for each zone. It did not have a "gear score".

I quit the game, among other reasons, because non-guild groups were sparse. My understanding is this situation has not changed. Tell me how NOT having a Dungeon Finder/Group Builder is benefitting EQ2.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Because I dont like it (c) Kander.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Even if they put it in, i don't think lots of new players will rush to the game. Just keep the old ones around more. And for DBG, that's not enough of incentive to spend sparse cash on.

The fools!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I don't disagree that it would be beneficial, I'm just naturally skeptical about the ability of a technical solution to overcome what is really a people problem. (That's a general rule of mine. Don't take it personally.)

15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Lookin' right at you, reforging...and Ascensions...and...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

class abilities and AA abilities that don't really scale up and the sheer total number of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

This, this crap is why I have the "burn the village to save it" mindset about the EQ franchise.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

But pillage... THEN burn!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The entire aa debacle could have been easily solved by converting discrete bonuses to % bonuses.

But nope, just like everything they do, just ignore what's currently broken and invent a new system to drop on top of it. Rinse and repeat without considering that all that broken crap and and systems bloat will eventually kill the game.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7