1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

I know there's not a lot of info right now (other than "new stuff coming!" and a cosmetic change), but hoping this will change as release gets closer.

So what have you heard? What do you think?

2. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Not going to lie, I winced a bit when I read this line in the announcement post:

"This game update is packed full of new content, including a return to the Shard of Hate [...]"

It goes on to say that they've added bosses, puzzles, and locations, which is good, but the dissonance of "new content" and "rehashing old zone" just seemed to emphasize the "Daybreak is just reusing old content" perception. :(

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

That item window is so horrifying to look at. I remember thinking there was too much stuff on the old epics back in the day but those were nothing compared to this monster.

Also I love how str/int/wis/agi were reduced to 'Primary Attributes,' that's so generic and lazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I 'love' how they're making it even harder to see reforging and infusing on the gear:
    Because that's JUST what we need... making it even HARDER for us to tell wtf is going on with our gear in game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Guys, biggest game update in a long time! Lots of content!

Small Print - Please forget the fact this is likely going to be our only content release between expacs, unlike previous years where we've done a few.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I would describe their efforts as pathetic, underwhelming, sad and more of the same. Kander said that there will be no stat crunch and that is what many people were hoping for in addition to many other quality improvements. Nothing is going to improve I am sorry to say as long as the same people continue to be involved in creation and management.

I like this comment by EQ2 Forum Poster Kristabella:

"You know everyone was looking forward to getting a glimpse of upcoming content, not cosmetic changes to windows. So, next week will we get to see new fonts coming our way, or the week after new color schemes, and for the 3rd week pre-view will we get to see new pics coming to the launcher? Just sayin'"

and this comment by EQ2 Forum Poster Redlight:

"If next weeks preview is just more Familiars and better Mercs you may as well turn off the lights and be done, people are waiting for class balance, spell fixes and engagement with the upcoming GU lets see something that may get all the people not playing excited enough to log in."

Their reactions pretty much summarize how I feel and I am sure the rest of GU 106 will be just as disappointing as this ridiculous partial reveal.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You guys are so negative.

We all know what the shard of hate looks like anyway.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 6
  8. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Gave me a laugh.

Sorry wish I could be more positive but I neither pay nor play anymore. I have given up on posting on the official forums and I only look at the Guild Recruitment forum to see who isn't posting anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Unless something meatier turns up in a later posting, I'm going to assume this is going to be the "We Don't Really Expect to last past June 5 So We Mailed It In" GU...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. unclex

unclex New Member

im not impressed so far wwith with what has been posted

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Nolus

Nolus Member

I'm not even sure that could be considered a GU.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Creating too many grinds focused on items that cause severe mudflation, but instead of doing the effort of making it right, put a giant bandaid over it all and scribble the words "some stats don't matter anymore" on it.

Add exclamation points and claim you're excited to bring this awesome update soon! HYPE!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The slow reveal:

1. A new mount
    2. Expert zones
    3. New Familiar(s), mercs, or some other loot box p2w gimmick
    4. Recycled Shard of Hate

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Doubling down on loot boxes at the exact time several jurisdictions are cracking down on them? Brilliant!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Starting to think I need an anonymous account to post on the official forums now. Being honest is just going to get me banned lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I donno, they never banned me.

That said, it seems to be an anomaly, and better safe than sorry.

17. Ansom

Ansom Member

You will need another ip address too. Just to be safe :p

18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Make sure it is in a totally different address range as well :)

19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They haven't banned me either, and I've by no means sugar coated anything. I just try to keep my tone neutral and don't make any direct personal attacks toward staff or players. While I have recognized the good things, my criticisms have been somewhat scathing.

I have stayed away during all the CN hoo-hah, though.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I got banned for practically nothing back when Smokejumper was around, not sure if the forums are just as heavily moderated now as they were back then.