1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU105 Announcement from Roxxlyy

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Over here...
    In the forums, so, if you are banned, like so many of us, have to use an alt account.

Bla bla bla... Feb 13,
    TS Timeline
    New PQ
    New Familiars!!!! For the low low price of.... ???
    Oh, and of course, a new familiar leveling system.

/yawn.

And I still can't figure out how to level Ascension past 10, since I don't get scrolls anymore, I'm not buying the ridiculously priced potion from NC, and I didn't get the collectors edition.

2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

With regard to leveling Ascension past level 10, if you do all 3 faction quest lines you will get ascension scrolls as rewards and each scroll will automatically level you 1 ascended level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Oh, but that would mean staying in PoP. I'd rather have the guided asc scrolls, as it is, I have to just wait till the "Guided Exp" fills up some.

Did the faction,and sig line, then left. I'm enjoying old world content more, and there is Sooooooooooo much of it...
    Thanks though.

4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

If you've got the Tome on a character, you can buy potions in Nae'Caelona that top up your Ascension pool by 21mil. 10 of these things can get you through levels.

5. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

After doing the PoP timeline and all 3 factions I leveled one Ascension class to level 15 (from 10) and I have 6 Celestial Ascension scrolls left over.

Personally I am still waiting to see the refunds policy for ascension abilities that don't perform as advertised for which I paid cash to upgrade. Until then I am a bit disinterested in ascension all round but I am not a raider and therefore not the target market for this money maker :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Unless you already have 3 max levels, they only top up 7M / 14M for 1/2 done. And for 500k SP, screw the alts. That's what DBG says anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Some day they'll fix the Census bug with Ascension XP gain. If you boost it, census doesn't report that earned XP. So it's possible for someone to be level 10 Etherealist and have 0 XP towards it according to Census.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Heres the XP table for familiars.

[​IMG]
    And the XP gained per familiar

[​IMG]

If this wont kill the remaining min max guilds in this game I dont know what will. And surprisingly theres NO posts about it on the official forum. People just silently accept this bullpoop pay 2 win.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I don't even know how you level a familiar lol. I have trouble enough with ascension.

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how familiar leveling works......but fabled, ethereal are the way to go if you want to level it faster.. ..and this means dropping cash into the shop for crates....

Do I have the gist of it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Yes.

Squee, it appears they've unblocked IP addies. Random check the other day revealed I can now post again on another account, and I am. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Has the term "Level by Loot Box" or "LbLB" been coined yet? If not, I want to stick a (tm) on that. Because I think this implementation if correctly described is exactly that.

Daybreak can hide behind the belief that this mechanic is accomplishable with in-game play, but that is a near statistical improbability given player's experiences with the rarity of even first earning a Familiar crate then add on the low chance of getting anything other than a Treasured tier one.

But, it is what it is...this is how they have chosen to introduce many side aspects of character improvement. I guess the silver lining is that so few players might even make any significant progress on something like this that hopefully content won't be designed with this as the baseline of a character's strength and output.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

sorry, blacked out a minute there.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Familiars are for whale farming and this is a reoccurring theme in some MMO's, MORBA's and especially ftp games. Every single one of them is convinced that there is an unlimited supply of whales and whale oil that you can farm it with impunity. Depressingly for me it works and profit per install (player) increases. It's was the big industry secret for a while and the monetary returns are large. Games as a service by EA ring a bell for anyone, lock boxes FTW :) BTW you no longer have players under these schemes just points of revenue.

Few of those that run these schemes talk about longevity as the game population declines over time and in the end only the whales and some free to play players are left playing as it creates an uneven playing field of haves and have not. Your level/position in the game is defined by income as well as play time.

This approach also impacts the design of the game as well as it becomes more about adding new whale harvesting mechanics rather than game play. For fun we should create a list of these game features in a separate thread which we can expand over time after all we already have Ascension and Familiars to put on the list.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Not working for me... I made my absolute last DBCash purchase (I mean actually a store item, not cash for DBCash) about a week after PoP came out to finish off a TS'er. Haven't made one since, and don't plan to. I hope they take notice.

17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

[​IMG]

When Rift introduced lock boxes, the above was my sig. pic. Maybe it's time to use it again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Doesn't work on me either but that just makes us not the target market. This change in the gaming market is equivalent to the gold rush.

19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

There are a few countries that are reviewing the legality of loot boxes - if they fall into a gambling classification. With any luck, the answer will be YES and set a precedent/standard to clean that crap up.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member