1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU 107 - More rehashed trash.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jul 17, 2018.

1. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Indeed - flying into Wellington one day with a cross-wind, I had a window seat, and looked out to realise that I was looking down the length of the runway. We were coming in sideways, and at the very last minute, the pilot flicked the plane around and put it down (none too gently, either). Flying out later that day, it was full power as soon as possible, and a near-vertical takeoff. It was very quiet in the cabin both times.....they earn their pay with that airport!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yep. You just described every single landing and take-off at that airport.

City: "We need an international airport"

Engineer: "Sounds good. Let's put it right where Wellington Harbor opens into the Cook Strait!"

City: "Yay!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

After reading this I told my husband who loves to play this flight simulator and you can pick the airport to take off from and land so he tried this one and said "woah that's a strong cross-wind!" :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

This post is legendary...

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

That was worth reading to the end for. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The fruit cake part was magnificent :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

That was the best example to date of what happened. Also, I never want ice cream like what that turned into :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Feldon

Anyone take in the livestream?

9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

And lose my lunch, or worse, my monitor when it gets thrown out the window? No.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find it. Anyone have a link?

NM. Up on Youtube:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Nothing interesting. Some cash shop stuff and events, one of which incentivizes members to log in.

3 tiers of the the zones, different loot and shinie tables for each.

Some tradeskill stuff.

They're in full expansion mode!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

My reaction: Whoop Tee Doo :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Guk TS instance...
    You need to use, literally, 1.2k mats (you can pick which ones to toss on the fire) and 100 fuel..
    For the standard TS daily reward... so 80% chance some random advanced TS book.
    All while dodging and using the clicky on mobs that are red red red epic x4 for a lvl 110 adventure toon.

And they think that's 'fun' and 'rewarding'? Seriously?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

AND.....if you (like I did) chose the ancient spell that was grandmastered through class training, you won't be able to scribe it. Why? Because it needs to be bloody RESEARCHED to grandmaster level....

So the one I picked (which I didn't realise was already GMd through class training) is useless to me. All the options were red text, so I thought they were at expert and I couldn't use it until I had worked through research to Master, then GM....

Edit: I told a friend of mine in game, and he had done exactly the same thing.

The interesting thing for me is my reaction to this, or should I say, lack of reaction. I am not angry, nor even disappointed and kicking myself. I'm just like "Oh well, who cares".....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

FTFY

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Again ..... why are people still playing and/or paying for this drivel? I mean seriously, why? SMH

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I enjoy the live streams for the entertainment value.

These people will look right into the camera and promise what great fun the content is going to be, all the while selectively forgetting to mention it's just more of the same uninspired grind and cash shop push.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Feldon

When they first came out with Ancients with this mechanic, I told them they needed to provide away to reclaim Grandmasters that have been scribed so they can be used as a material for the recipe. Requiring someone to get the Grandmaster twice is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

That was your mistake, Feldon. You should have told them that their idea was great and encouraged it. They would then take the opposite approach to your suggestion and we would have a better game! ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Feldon

I needed a new smiley/reaction for that post. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1