1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Groups

Discussion in 'Census: General Discussion' started by Otooc, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Otooc

Otooc New Member

I would like to know why it is so dam hard to find a group?? I am thinking no one has a clue that you need groups to get gear and do some of the quest

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Most of the people doing groups right now are looking for expert runs (for the ethereal coins). This makes getting groups for non-expert zones more difficult, as it doesn't 'get' those who can run expert zones anything.

3. Otooc

Otooc New Member

Yeah it should never take over 4 weeks to get a group. Any group.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ2 has needed a useful Group Finder/Builder feature for about 5 years now. I wrote up a 1 page doc on what it should do, specifically doing a simple gear check. They worked on it for a while and abandoned it and then decided the game didn't need it. *Shrug*

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Yeah totally, the game didnt need it. The real reason is that they had no idea how to make it function. The agnostic dungeon tool has been bugged and broken for YEARS.

6. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Just like the rest of the game....:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

It might help (a little) if you let us know what server and times you are available. Often people will then include you if there is room (after putting you on friends list or something else). Not sure its a solution, but its worth a try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I don't know if you have tried forming a group or just asking to be placed in one.
    I generally find that if there is no one asking me to form a group with them after yelling in LFG for about 10 mins or so, I make my own.
    Snagging whatever guild members are on and people on the friends list, then ask in channel.
    What may work for me may not work for you, but if you are in a guild you should be able to ask nicely or failing that twist their arms to help a fellow Guildy with a group.
    If you are in a small guild, I suggest making an alt and park it in the guild, then join a more populated guild with your main.

If the guild has a rule that you should have all your alts in the guild, well people are reasonable if you talk to them. (I personally would think it would be a burden if I had all 20 of my characters in a non-personal guild)

• Agree Agree x 1