1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GLEEE!!!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

One of my favorite bottom feeding trolls has resumed posting on the Other forums. The inanity is strong with this one.

I get immense amounts of entertainment from this person, who once tried to intimidate me by suggesting that 'they' were talking about me in the Discord channel.

Since tone doesn't translate well in text, I want to clarify this is not sarcasm.

:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I laughed at your comment, describing him as an "illustrative tool". Where I come from, the word 'tool' as applied to a human being, has a decidely uncomplimentary or derogatory meaning!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Haha I saw that. And yep, tool here is used for that purpose too, Rhodris.

I'm getting a lot amusement from the guild recruiter at the moment. I was trying to be nice and I think I succeeded, but, partly because I thought English may of been a second language. It is not, he is from Washington. It made me sad. :/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wait, the guild merge guy is a native English speaker? I would have bet real money that he wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Gosh, so would I!! Unless he's an import?

I also thought/think that he is very young. I could be wrong - have been before :D Either way, he is an 'illustrative' example of a complete tool (my meaning).

Edit: Yup, I was wrong! Just looked at his profile - he is 34....apparently.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Someone put a couple of links for some of his other guild posts. In one of them he lists his Facebook address, of course I looked. He does not look foreign, at all.

I'm guessing he's at least late 20's, 30 ish. He has what I'm guessing are prom photo's from 1990. And yes, I would also class him as a tool.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I'm gonna need a truckload of popcorn for this.

\***/

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Kind of feels like bullying the 'special kid'.

I've always just taken the posts with a pinch of salt and figured he's enjoying himself, as long as not ruining game for others who cares if he's a bit deluded.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Tekka, he is one of those cute little trolls living in bubble gnome land. Didn't you know it is always opposite day in that shiny happy little safe space? Come and join us there .... it's so much easier than acknowledging reality. *skips away with rose colored glasses firmly affixed, giggling and blowing bubbles*...... wwweeeeeee lol :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

rutro is one of god's special creatures. I tend to just stare for a few seconds at his posts and let them go.

ummmyeh on the other hand, is a cave troll - and the one I'm talking about. He tries really hard but just isn't that good at it. And he likes to spread misinformation and bully people.

He is fantastic to make an example of, though, so he is useful!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lol. I've been checking in on that thread.

Top notch!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I had assumed that he worked for DB or was in the family and friends circle. Could be wrong, maybe the sun is always shining in the special bubble :)

15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I feel bad for guild guy now. The thread is starting to fill with what I’d class as personal attacks.
    If a thread should be closed it’s that one.

#feelsbadman

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Democyde

Democyde New Member

That conversation appears to be two text bots, not two functioning humans.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Archangel

Archangel New Member

Rutro - Over enthusiastic ""child"" with nothing better to do. I think he's genuine about loving the game. Posters should leave him alone. Nothing to gain, and leaves an opening for the sock puppet trolls. He has nothing better to do. Wait, I said that already.
    ummmyeh - Dev or company sock puppet. Reported him multiple times. The only time he got a vacation, was when the Devs went on a public display of slapping the customer base. And Devs went silent. Don't think it's a coincidence that uTroll's wording and ideas are in lock step with certain Devs. He posts with impunity. But people should report him anyway. The more the merrier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

By looking the other way for blind supporters of EQ2, no matter how hateful they are to other customers, all they're going to be left with is sycophants with an inch-deep understanding of the game.

Since EQ2 thinks it is up to their players to document, market, QA, and support their game, this is a suicidal moderation strategy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Archangel

Archangel New Member

Nothing wrong with "looking the other way for blind supporters of EQ2," and people do post in response to hateful posts. I did, again, recently. Was the first post, since 2005, that was deleted and flagged. Based on experience with other forums, that's a good indication that the original poster is connected to the forum company.

Not really. eBay has done exactly that with their forums. And multi-billion dollar eBay (1995) has been around longer.

The difference? eBay has EcommerceBytes, formerly AuctionBytes, as a user sounding board. A place to find unadulterated news and user feedback. There were embarrassing instances where a "blind supporter" posted, and was later exposed by EB as an eBay employee. They would have gotten away with it too, on their controlled forum.

EverQuest II has none.

Yes, that's a hint. Given the effort you've put in, you have every right to complain. But you're the only one in the position to do something.

Do something. Re-start up the main page.

Or delete this post.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a comtemptible struggle." Edmond Burke, 1770

• Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  20. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

You are assuming that

1. Feldon is a good person.
    and
    2. that he gives any shits what so ever about DBG
    and
    3. that it is not YOUR responsibility to do something if YOU care.

I find that two out of three of those statements are false.

• Agree Agree x 6