1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

For your amusement.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Thanks for the history. I still putter around in EQ2, but I got an Xbox for Christmas.

3. Malleria

Malleria Member

Par for the course for Gninja sadly. He loves to claim he's answered questions before only to find there's 0 record of it. I lost all respect for him years ago.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Could I have handled these events better? Sure.

All I can say is people copying characters to Beta must have been REALLY bad that they would prevent us from testing beta content with our live characters. A buffed character is not the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Inire

feldon, i posted it the way i did because it is true. there was no editing of the files, it is clear and open.

i feel like people are not aware of the slices of chaos that you dealt with on a daily basis, so felt it was time for this stuff to come to light. and, of course, i'm a jerk/sh*tstarter, and couldn't help but kick over the bee hive.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

" in the absence of information, you are surprised at speculation?"

ROFL I've said this to my husband about a million times... teach me to marry a strong silent guy! I admit it falls under the definition of "wife aggro" but it's unbelievably frustrating a the time, and hilarious later.

Truth is truth. Only the childish hold grudges about temper flare ups. We need more tolerance and the understanding that people have buttons. Respect is about learning not to push them. Without data like this, how will you be able to guess that there was exploitation of the copy mechanic? How can you prevent asking a dumb question, and repeatedly annoying them the same way, if you don't know the pitfall location?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Psst. Hey Feldon, guess what? You're a human being. And while you do/did community news and fansite stuff, you are also a customer.

Gninja and Caith are also human beings, but they are the professionals, and even in a more casual setting like chat, it's still their responsibility to curb the attitude and hissy, as representatives of the company.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Are they mad because they believe they are going in the right direction? Or are they mad because they are being made to go in a direction that people like Feldon don't like and are powerless to change it themselves?

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Inire

in these two particular cases they were mad because Feldon had written an article saying that Resolve Buffs were a mistake (which apparently they agreed with, as they removed them eventually) and they were mad about some issue with testing, where copying to a server apparently messed up the server.

In my opinion the beta/testing servers should just batch job copy every few weeks. That way when testing there is no reason to worry that there won't be active/up to date characters. That's how PTR works in WoW and the test realm in ESO works as well. The Test/Beta server has a HUGE database, larger than the ones for live, to accommodate it, with expectations on load times clearly communicated when you log in (i.e. this server takes a while to load, sorry, but hey, beta!).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

It would've been helpful not to have to manually copy and then wait for each character i wanted over there. Because I ended up not testing anything but my main, for the short time I could. Even if I had all that time (I got ill so I stopped for a bit), it would've been really hard to get a couple of characters through it and then test the heroics. Now that the max is up another 10, they can just copy every character that's at least 110 next time and it will be an active character who leveled through PoP.

Testing the heroics with characters that are alts is essential if we want to have a game that is alt friendly.

• Like Like x 1