1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Field Report - PoP

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Nolus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Seems the new white adorns book was not attached to any mob in the game so while it was in the loot table there was nothing to drop it. Waiting on the next patch it appears. Odd way to do it anyway in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Classic...
    And they STILL haven't acknowledged, let alone addressed, the scarcity of fragments with the lack of the distillation recipes...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know this is a silly question, but, I shall ask it regardless.

How the <edited for content> did it take them three weeks post launch to 'discover' that the adornment book had 'accidentally been removed from the loot table' when I know Mermut and others have been reporting its absence since a few days after launch?

They even supposedly increased the chance for it to drop.

Just... I have run out of evens to can't even.

Edit: I'm sure the distillation recipes were meant to be in game, they just forgot to add them to the appropriate loot table...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. They weren't in beta.. the adorn recipe was. The lack of distillations was brought up in beta.. their response was to put fragments on the beta buff merchant.
    I'd bet good money the recipe hasn't been made.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I should have linked the source and acknowledged Errrorr. Sorry, I have been doing a lot of post reading currently.

Please Address Adorning in PoP | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I'm starting to feel badly for the dev team. They clearly are too severely understaffed to produce even these tiny little grind heavy expacs.

On the other hand, I think this experience might be good for some of them.

I had expected quality to bottom out, but not this badly. In fact, I suspect it is likely things will deteriorate further.

This game is pretty bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Nolus

Nolus Member

The people in cahrge should recognize what the team size can do within a certain time frame, the smart thing would have been to give the release an axtra month or two instead of releasing it with a small team during a holiday month. They don't have enough staff to properly support an expansion release during the holidays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Fully agree. Problem is likely that they want the sales revenue this year.

Don't know when the end of their fiscal year is, but what I've seen indicates this is likely.

The real issue, I think, is they just don't have the staff to produce a game that will serve all the playstyles the game was built on.

Still, let's say they abandoned tradeskilling all together. Would the fighting game get any better?

I don't think so. I think at this point, the code, the mechanics, everything left ...is such a mess it would take an army of developers just to weed through and fix all the broken and neglected pieces.

Cash shop model or not, this expac has revealed just how bad things are.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Don't forget they also have to support TLE servers on top having to develop the expansion. To be frank though, they've already shown they're not going to take the time to address underlying systems issues so I don't know what a delay would give them aside from also delaying that sweet expansion money and potentially throwing off the release cadence of future expansions. So many people play the game because it's what they're comfortable with, and that's the type of person that's going to pony up for the expansion regardless of its flaws since it's more EQ2.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Ansom

Ansom Member

Well... some number across eq2 progression. From Everquest II Raid Progression (i don't know how to obtain the number from eq2u :().

KA end with around 90 guild with raid kill, atm just 45/46 guild have raid kill with the new expa.

atm only 5468 (12521 101-110) character at liv 110 (with the data visible of course). Since several player have 2-5 alt easy.. Is.. hard to be optimist.

11. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

It's a real shame they didn't have the resources to make the TLE servers more enjoyable long term. Stormhold was the best EQ2 experience I'd had for years when it first opened.
    People only come back so many times, I never bothered with another TLE server.

• Agree Agree x 2