Field Report - PoP

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Nolus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Occam

Occam New Member

We're not in disagreement, but there's a difference between educating new players about some of the shortcomings of the game, and scaring them off by bitching about why the game sucks ass and should be sunsetted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Fair enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Widem

Widem New Member

The game would be fine if the devs understood math.

Their process is:

A*C^6-8/E+14*6/B

hmm this does too much damage :rolleyes:

(A*C^6-8/E+14*6/B)*.85

nailed it till next gear cycle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Nolus

Nolus Member

Finished the quest line and one faction, access to all the zones. However tried a PQ and a duo zone and was going to try another, it appears a few are broke and not possible to finish at the moment. :eek:

Not really looking forward to finishing the other two factions, I think they put a lot to block the orange adorns and some other things. Looks really grindy.

5. Mermut

Mermut Active Member

Ohhh, but there is more to block the orange adorns.. You can only buy orange adorns that you have already looted.

6. Fuli

Fuli Member

Ahhh, I see what they did - maybe.

We sniffed out that DBG was going to build in more cash shop pressure by requiring stepwise spell progressions similar to ascensions.

They did an about face on that, but, returned to the more familiar tactic if making these drops highly rare.

Don't know if that's really the case, kind if looks that way, though.

Be interesting to observe comments about how spell levels perform on heroic zones.

7. Fuli

Fuli Member

The claws are coming out in the official trade skillers section.

Appears the inclusion of fish in sage recipes has provoked the creation of pro-fish and anti-fish camps.

Stuff like that and the guy who posted a rant about f2p asking him to post things in chat for them are the reason I still check in.

Top notch entertainment :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Member

There is probably actually a link to fish in a lot of historical inks. soo.....

9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Member

I am sorry, but I can't believe what they have done to this game. It's like every one involved from the top down is dead from the neck up. SMH. :confused::rolleyes::mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Member

Well, in truth, the game has been horribly mismanaged from day 1.

It's just that they had great player numbers in the beginning and SOE to dump money into it.

The player attrition really started to kick in around DOV and has accelerated ever since.

They had some really talented development staff, and still do really. BUT, they also had, and still have a culture that is aloof with respect to their customers and decisions that just don't make a lot if sense.

All CN did is see all this stuff and turn off the money dumps.

Now, we still see the decisions without the big budget to mitigate them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Member

When they jacked all of the stats up with DOV, they basically made all the content prior to that irrelevant and not worth doing. I never understood why they did that, unless sales were down and they were trying to herd every one to the newest expansion. As far as the present is concerned, if they would stop wasting time on these quick cash grab/specialty servers and put all of that wasted time into making a great expansion, I really think more people would come back and/or stay, hell we might even get a few new players. Also, if they are going to continue to offer us tiny expansions, at least reduce the price on them and/or lower the monthly sub. At least then we wouldn't feel like we are getting the shaft six ways from Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Member

I'm getting an Xbox for Christmas so I'm going to try some of that after seeing the resolve reqs. etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mermut

Mermut Active Member

The claim/excuse given, at the time, was to prevent raiders from having a 'leg up' over non-raiders at the start of the expac.. they wanted an 'equal playing field' and a 'gear reset'.
    From there they seemed to go from 'if a little isn't too bad' x10 more must be great!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1