1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Expac Live Stream on October 9th on Facebook

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

You'd think "News and Announcements" on the forum would be the logical place for this announcement, but nothing there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Even though I no longer even have the game installed, if they didn't always have these during my work day I think this could make a pretty fun drinking game.

Drink when they say the following:
    Pre-order
    Buy
    Familiars

I'm sure you can think of other key phrases. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

You would diiiiieeeeee.

Or if you're lucky, you'd lose consciousness before you suffered irreparable liver damage :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

You would think so, yeah...

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Guys (and Rhodris)...

Mermut continues to become increasingly emotionally unhinged.

I mean, the just noticably annoyed tone exploding out of this post is disturbing.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

As a bonus to the drinking game.... Every time their client crash on the live stream, you get to smoke a big bowl of green herbs...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think the title of the upcoming expansion, Chaos Descending, is a more appropriate description of their development skills and business practices.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

"That Moment When You Realize That The Chaos Has Already Descended And Your Complacency Has Left You Waist Deep In Your Own Filth So You're Screwed..." was too long to be catchy.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

"Bank Account Amount Descending" will be the name after it launches and almost no one buys it at first...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I finally got around to watching the recorded live stream. I think Roxxlyy used the word "Cool" about 50 times in a 45 minute broadcast and referred to the expansion as "Chaos Ascending" on three different occasions (though to be fair, at times the sound was muffled so that might have been the way it came across as to my old ears)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I wasn't expecting much meat from the livestream and I wasn't disappointed. The things I took away from it was:
    1. We will do class balance
    2. Raids will still be flagged, but only 1 person needs to be flagged to zone in.
    3. No pre-requisites will be required to jump into the expac
    4. Epic spells will come with the end of the Sig line for characters that haven't done it.
    5. They said they have done a playthrough before putting Beta up. (from the bugs I see on the Beta forum I do wonder)
    6. They have more than one Outdoor zone, I think 4? and a hub? Then some instances from the hub.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

7. P2W mount training
    8. More Merc Slots

14. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

What was not said in the Livestream but people are finding out in Beta:
    1. There is a potency Nerf that is supposed to change pot to fervor which is supposed to give equivilent dps
    ....I will post more as I see them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Of course not, why would they tell players about something that will significantly alter their characters in a livestream enticing them to buy their product?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

A quick skim on the Beta forums, makes me call bullshit on point 5. If they'd done a playthrough, they would have known solo instances had massive 100% power drains.

**Fixed that to reflect reality (teasing you, not them)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

This was called out in the patch notes though.
    Maybe they gave it a run through with infinite health/mana. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They never said they played through with a character starting with only the freebie gear and no GM powers :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Likely they did a playthrough of the quests in the overland, not the instances.

20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Saying something like they did a playthrough leaves a lot of wiggle room for interpretation. I have the same impression of the class balancing. Always leave them with the impression that you care even when you don't. It's the sugar that makes the plausible deniability easier to choke down later.

• Agree Agree x 1