1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Think they'll bother with tradeskill content this time, or will they hold off and try to charge folks for it later?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The Catch 22 with this is that you only see what you're getting yourself into after other people blindly buy their way into the Beta. Last year there were so few brave testers (I'm not being sarcastic, they tried their best) plus unfinished content, that even with the public forum, there wasn't a clear idea whether there was a lack of content, or if it was just incomplete.

Turns out folks were surprised and disappointed to learn there was a stark lack of content after they'd purchased the expansion.

I expect it to be worse this year, due to a lack of testers willing to pay 'sight unseen' that corresponds to the significant drop in overall population.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

It's been said in Discord by a red name (I've forgotten which one) that tradeskills are coming out when the rest of the xpac is released. We'll see. I hope it's really tradeskill related, and not another "dodge the KOS mobs while crafting" scenario.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

And new familiars! Don't forget new Familiars!

I just asked my credit card if it had any interest in buying the expansion, and it cancelled itself.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The other annoying problem (historically) with eq2 betas is the p2w design mechanics/incentive structures are supressed.

So, people don't actually know what their money is really buying until live.

I mean, it's pretty hard to test your content with the grind mechanics in place as it is, but that aside, if people are able to sniff out the actual drop rates required for progressions, good bye live sales.

That is why at this point, i have little sympathy for people who run to the forums and complain about progression gates and drop rates.

I mean.....4th expac???

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

The more "beta buffs" they deploy, the more red flags you should see.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

From what I read they didn't bother last time - even when they finally added the content ...

8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Whether it was a good 'tradeskill' timeline or not, it is quite clear that much time and effort was put into the (very late) tradeskill timeline.
    While I don't think it was a good 'tradeskill' timeline, it was very well done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Julianxzz

Julianxzz New Member

Maybe....
    Chaos Descending = another POP ?
    A big land
    An area like COV can enter all instances
    New meta collection reward

New tradeskill achiev mount

10. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

That's pretty much been the expansion format for a while now. :p It's like how Taco Bell repackages the same ingredients into different looking foods. Maybe they'll surprise us though!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Nah ..... o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Problem is that it doesn't really matter how good it is. If those of us looking for tradeskill content don't find any tradeskill content there's no real motivation to get the wallet out and I still haven't :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. stach

stach Member

So just got done watching the expansion video, Kander as usual acts like everyone else is below him, everything is super cool. Roxxllly laughes to loud through the whole thing. And Gninja showed the zones and talked about raids.

Oh yeah and the housing portal is only in the 2nd tier package and above.

other than that seems like the same old stuff, they did promise class balance, but more ascension make that meaninless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Class balance = 1-10% +- to your abilities & Fixing abilities that should have been fixed in PoP Beta.

15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Are the tooltips on spells/CAs still lying?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

'Class Balance' is, at this point, a go-to catch phrase to dupe folks into buying. I mean it worked last year, so it'll work again this year, right? You can trust them, this time guys, they're super cereal.

I didn't watch the stream, I only waste time on things I enjoy, however I did read a post on the OF that indicates while it's unlikely they've been able to put together a substantial expansion, they have added a brand new system they can over monetize and babble about in letters and streams instead of actual content:

Mounts you can level up and equip!

Aren't you excited!?

(it will also inevitably be broken, despite being built on the existing mercenary system, and take down a whole lot of other unrelated stuff with it)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They're changing bleedthrough to make stacking wards useless. When I noted, in discord, that it was going to be rough for mystics since they have almost no over time heals that aren't wards... BAN.. I still can't get back into discord. For pointing out something patently obvious...

I was a bit more colorful.. adding something along the lines of my warden is happy and mystic is already off whimpering in a corner somewhere.

It seems the Kander-ego is especially touchy right now...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That really sucks, you're one of the few reasonable voices left trying to help them sort their crap out.

On the other hand, welcome to the family.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

They show an accurate value. It's just that accurate doesn't include hidden Fervor modifications that nobody knows the exact value of :D

20. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

No negativity, BANNED.