1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Feeling the hype yet!?

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The dread of updating things, and being unable to update things due to lack of data. :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Just add in a script that randomly lowers everyones stats by a hidden multiplier each time they open EQ2U. Chances are it'll be more accurate than trying to reverse engineer EQ2.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

so this year it is mount gear I guess.
    You never know they might put things through the API by accident like....
    Hey what is this stat... L .... U ..... C .... K.

Also they seem to have changed spells, AA, Deity point conversions and prestige conversions.

Don't know how much is pulled from the API and how much is hand coded by Feldon though.

5. Feldon

The new mount slots and such are something we'll just have to wait and see if they implement.

lol about Luck they just added that stat to EQ for real.

As for spells and AAs/Prestige, that would be a matter of reloading all that stuff which I am not looking forward to. We really only load Items and Achievements automatically. Everything else requires some degree of running scripts, some of which Dethdlr wrote with no intention that I'd be doing them solo.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I was playing around in ESO and the game went down for maintenance. I was reminded earlier that doom is about to strike, so I decided to log on to the OF and see how pathetic the hype train was.

I actually forgot my password.

And I didn't care.

I think the chemo is working.

Of course, my cat just sneezed all over me and my monitor so I'll probably get feline ragening and 28 days later from now be hatefully grooming myself in a park somewhere. At least DBG won't be profiting from it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

*sics my dog on you just to get you used to be chased up trees*

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Heavens above! I just saw the new character select screen for the first time. Did they learn nothing at all from the fiasco that ensued the last time they tried to drown us in red interface? I've got 13 characters displaying on that screen and not a one of them stands out from the background regardless of gear worn. Is there really an expansion zone that looks like that or did they just wash an otherwise normal graphic in dark rose pink for the new screen?

I don't suppose anyone knows off the top of their heads if that background can be customised in the UI and if so which file it is? If not I'll have to work a lot harder at avoiding it in future :eek:

9. Feldon

Yep that's red.

Attached Files:

10. Feldon

Reminds me of:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Warlock nerd-rage incoming!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

It's so red, it's like, how much more red could it be?

The answer is none. None more red.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Just how bad is the nerfage on 'locks, anyway? Jeez, they finally get good, so now the nerf bat is locked on...

14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Looks like they removed the non-stacking ward thing. Reads that beedthrough simply bleeds through all wards that are up.

15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

- 11% all
    - 20% instant Apocolypse, - 30% overtime
    - 40% cataclysm

16. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

They're one and the same, I believe. It's not that that you literally couldn't stack wards, but rather before this change, if you had Ward A, Ward B, and Ward C, each ward would absorb a certain amount of damage. Now if you have a stack of wards, only ward A will absorb whatever damage doesn't bleedthrough and the rest will bypass the remaining wards and affect the health pool directly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

This sounds like it will pair fabulously with the shiny new obscure changes to overall healing effectiveness! Like stink on <edited for content>

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I really like the new library zone... my favorite jobs were working in libraries! Such a shame it's so red as the character select background. <shudder> =(

19. Feldon

Wonder how long Census updates will be frozen. No updates since this morning.

20. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I don't understand why they stopped using New Tunaria as the background. I mean I guess it's good to freshen it up occasionally, but none of the new menu backgrounds have looked anywhere near as good as that one.

• Agree Agree x 1