1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Everquest 2 Planes of Power post

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I honestly believe this will be EQ2's final expansion. The lack of enthusiasm among the remaining player base is undeniable and is a direct result of the lack of caring among the EQ2 team. For me personally, the thing I am having the hardest time with is the attitudes of the EQ2 team.

I can over look short comings in a game if I feel that my feedback is heard and valued. It was false advertising in my opinion to promise class balance with the POP expansion last April, and then to decide it wasn't going to happen and not share this with the players until after beta launched (also dropping the trade skill and harvesting bombs as well).

I think EQ2 is running out of white knights, fan boys and girls, and/or whales. This game is beyond bringing in a significant amount of new players. The only thing the EQ2 team had to do was not infuriate the remaining loyal player base. I guess that was to hard for them to do. /end rant

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I bet you also wondered why on earth they bothered asking for suggestions, after seeing the rubbish we ended up with.
    I'm honestly appalled, I have no more words. I haven't even bothered logging back into live or Beta since leveling my carpenter.

As a sidenote Gninja told me in channel to leave my feedback in beta forums. When I told him this was not possible he replied with something like 'well no vote for you'. My reply was 'yes I can vote by cancelling my sub'. His response, 'I'm beginning to see why you were banned'.
    If they are happy with no one playing their game but players that agree with their new horrid direction, good luck to them in the unemployment queue.

The arrogant, almost taunting responses I've seen, from the people that are in charge of the game, make me sick.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

:eek:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Albion

Albion New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the Carpenter recipes were sub-par. And also extremely disappointed there won't be any crafting sig line at launch, and who knows how long we have to wait for it? Really hard to accept that it's come to this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That is absolutely unacceptable behavior from a member of the dev team. Unfortunately there is no one to hold them personally accountable, the best we can do is not pay them to act like jerks to their customers - not to mention two years now of seriously sub-par content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ansom

Ansom Member

Well, at least the dev leader don't have tell you "If you are going to act like a turd, go lay in the grass". prrrrrrrr :p

But, in any case, guys.. (and girls), just follow the dev leader philosophy: "if you don't like it, don't play it"

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

The issue here is that 99.99% of everyone still playing everquest 2 has played the game for over a decade and its hard for people to move on to new games, especially with MMOs. I think almost everyone agrees that the last few expansions have been horrible to say the least, but people still throw money at the expansion and subscribe to the game.

Just look at PoP... They promised class balances, they promised changes. Now with 3 days until launch we get neither of that. Chanters have the worst power feed, hardly ever use their CC and we get no skill consolidation and very few AA tweaks, mostly to the prestige AAs. To sum it up, PoP will be just like KA, but with even more insane stats and the exact same mechanics, except for the tiny rising tide change.

Healing is as bad as ever and people have been asking for changes to healing for at least 5 expansions.

So in the end, the developers can keep treating their customers like this, because obviously they still make enough money to make sub par content and EQ2 players must love being pissed on again and again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Except for the fact that those EQ2 players you refer to are now quickly becoming extinct like the dodo bird. The EQ2 team has severely overestimated the tolerance level of even their most devoted players. The only reason this game stays afloat in its present condition is because it is not CN's top money maker, so they can allow it to flounder about for a while longer just as long as it makes some revenue. I don't see this continuing much longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1