1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Everquest 2 Planes of Power post

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Nice, so the last time they talked about consolidation was the last and only AMA back in late April was scrapped months ago, but they never bothered to mention it until now. I find it slightly amusing because that was like the only positive reason for buying the expansion back then, and now that's gone. lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It would have been nice for them to let the players know it had been scrapped months ago (right after the announcement?). A good number of them seem to still be looking forward to class balance and improvements.

But hey! They'll have room for new skills now that they know they'll be able to just take those fixed number stat buffs off the bar... I guess they cleaned up the hotbars after all!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

4. Senya

Senya Member

In the AMA's they also said:

Until today, I had not anything to the contrary, and so I was expecting those sorts of changes.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Inire

Thanks Senya.... i totally forgot about that useful site, eq2wire. wish they were still around to get this type of useful data.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Inire

from gninja 10/24/2017 (or 24/10/2017 for euro folks)

on how many zones
    [​IMG]

Any contested zones? nope. why not?

[​IMG]

More on class ability consolodation

[​IMG]

Kander saying that balance is still a focus.... and that the music for the expac is done!
    [​IMG]

oddly, when going through the logs, looks like gninja went invisible or removed his tag as a DBG guy for a while, as there are a number of quotes with his user id in Discord, but not red text. Thanks to Wiouxev for catching the below screen shots. Also, your phone sucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think they should offer refunds to any one that pre-ordered due to false advertising. The dev's promised class balance with this expansion and are now saying that won't happen. No wonder the live stream was lacking details. People had to discover this in beta. Just when I think the EQ2 team/DBG can't sink any lower.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Inire

that would require CS staff and Marketing. Or a lawsuit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

If you were 'surprised' by this, you haven't been around long. This is SOP for DBG.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Funny to watch the forums. It's finally setting in for all those peeps who pre-ordered just so they could take a look at the class re-vamps...

Duped! And that's exactly what DBG intended.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Inire

eh. Duped would have required effort on the part of the devs to purposefully mislead.

I think they just got down to the end of the project prior to beta and were like, this stuff isn't going in. I really am curious how much staff they have left on this stuff. I see Fyreflight pitching in on itemization messages in Beta, so it looks like they took the guy from TLE and put him on that. Interesting mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe they intended to deceive people. Not disputing that there aren't things they wanted to add but couldn't. But, the class revamp scrap was known about (by their own admission) for months.

In the end, they chose to say nothing about it because they wanted the pre-order sales, and this was a huge feature they had been hyping, and that players wanted.

Really nothing new though. They generally with hold information they know will tick people off until it surfaces in beta or during game play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nolus

Nolus Member

Wasn't the reason for upping the cap to 110 so they could rebalance the classes? I mean in a way I'm glad it's off the table cause I think we would end up with more a mess than we have now. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Follow the money, and you'll usually find the truth.

I don't think a level cap increase along with a change in spell tier progression mechanics was a coincidence.

Think ascension. THIS was the REAL reason for the level cap increase.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Aside from money gained from spell research, another reason to raise the level cap is re-standardize a bunch of stuff, eg: gear levels, mitigation (I'm guessing players are once again capped against current level monsters), and so forth. Having such a large power difference between a level 100 player from AoM and a level 100 player in Kunark Ascending probably deterred a lot of players from coming back; yes, crafted gear was cheap and the panda quests are a thing now, but people not in the know probably think "I'm level 100, why can't I do anything against this mob in this overland zone?" and give up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Inire

that's exactly what Feldon's first posts about the expansion were.... why is it taking me 2 hours to kill a mob in overland?!?!?

hilarious.

at least DBG heard this issue and created the new item packs, that will help IMMENSELY to getting everyone on an even setting. Shame that they didn't take the time to do the same thing with AA and Spells, but hey, four people for a whole expansion.

17. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

The real DBG is on show for this expansion. Glad I decided to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm not feeling the excitement ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I think you're right. It's likely it was merely time for s level cap increase, and they just decided to manipulate more cash shop pressure into it.

Class balancing was something being considered, but was low on the list of priorities.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Any of the players who are happy with their class are probably happy it was scrapped. Bet a lot of them didn't even know it was planned to begin with.

Forums being the vocal minority and all that...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1