1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2Wire Interview with Kander

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by wiouxev, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

S/he was on Discord last Sunday, July 2. User name has been changed to Wiouxev/Sohami - eq2wire.

2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So when is this interview supposed to happen? Has it been done?

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

AFAIK, it has never happened, Alarra. :(

4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Since there has been no movement can we please have this post un-pinned. I would say stating a date by when the interview was to take place would be a great thing to require to be pinned in future for interview posts. ;)

5. Fenin

Fenin New Member

It was probably a troll thread to start with unfortunately

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Wiouxev had shown genuine interest and had gone through the application process to become a writer on EQ2Wire. Then he sparked up a conversation with Kander about doing an interview and the process was under way. I'd even submitted a legal document. I'd reviewed a list of questions. Then nothing.

7. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

He's posted on Discord as recently as last Saturday. Still has eq2wire as part of his display name.

8. Feldon

I'm banned from Discord so I can't get in there. I sent an e-mail.

9. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

10. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I think since this isn't going to happen that this thread should be unpinned.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Feldon

Agreed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I spoke to him on Discord and advised him to remove eq2wire from his name - he stated that he no longer had the ability to change it (pretty sure I can still change mine).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Archangel

Archangel New Member

A late response.

Unfortunately it appears Feldon was played. Likely wasting months(?). Time that could have been applied to finding a real replacement.

Suggestion.

Google eventually downgrades sites in search, which have little or no page one activity. Meaning months from now, EQ2Wire content will slip into the search abyss. To prevent this, may I suggest creating two threads? The first being The Slush Pile.

slush pile
    noun
    a stack of unsolicited manuscripts that have been sent to a publishing company for consideration.

Want to be a published writer? Have a magnum opus that everyone needs to see? Willing to write an article, and receive no renumeration for it? Then put it on The Slush Pile. Submissions posted have a chance of being posted on the EQ2Wire main page.

Now you're famous, right?

Except there's the second thread, The Slush Pile Review.

The Slush Pile will only consist of submissions for publication on page one. The Slush Pile Review is dedicated to constructive/deconstructive comments on The Slush Pile articles. And we all know how gentle and generous commenters are about articles. Ask Feldon.

The ever so loving reviewers, including Feldon, have now vetted the article. Sooner or later Feldon would have the option of letting the article sit forever in slush, or post it on the main page.

Of course, after receiving more editorial attention.
    Of course, giving EQ2Wire all rights to the article.
    - You agree to this when posting on The Slush Pile.
    - This is contract work.

Just a thought.

/*

The shocking truth about the slush pile
    "At first, I was amused by the slush pile."
    "By the time I left my job in publishing ... my idealism was in tatters"
    The shocking truth about the slush pile

• Like Like x 1