1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

This seems like an oversight they have no problems using to mine DBC. If only they had the staff or the inclination to do things right before they went live, or, heavens forbid, they had a proper testing cycle to find such obvious issues early on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

1. Openly declare slow rate of advancement
    2. Leave in a crazy fast way to advance
    3. Wait until a bunch of folks use it to gain advantage
    4. Nerf the method so nobody else can use it, but leave the early adopters alone
    5. Wonder why your server is a ghost town

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It's too bad the EQ2 team hasn't had prior opportunities to get the XP sorted out. But since these are their *checks notes* fourth or fifth round of TLE servers.

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I said this in the Official Forums but they all seem to accept it.

5. omuteef

omuteef Member

OK so let me understand this DB launches a couple new TLE servers and no one at the company plays on them during beta or testing? they just let the general public test for them and think it will be all ok? You would think something as big as disco EXP would be looked at? Big question is are they playing the fool or are just fools

6. Feldon

They're playing the "our customers will pay no matter what" game. Wonder if they're winning.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. omuteef

omuteef Member

Dangerous game to play

8. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

Well they once had a community person who sort of hated games and especially disliked EQ2 - so what would you expect?
    (They were proudly claiming they never had played the game - until a certain point where I think they got forced to.)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Standard DBG operating procedure. As long as they get to milk the customers one more time it is fine, even if it is the last anyone falls for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Well, Nagafen was a failure.

Not only is the server dead, it died before it even got off the ground.

Starting off with first impressions; the tale of no xp pots being available. A lie. We essentially all got our hopes up, and quickly discovered the ploy; to get people excited with kander stating there would be no xp pots/pay to win available.

I logged in, saw the tokens, laughed. I then grinded up to level 25 in a few hours, discovered that discovery experience was beyond broken. Popped pots, ran around in circles, hit 50 in under 35 minutes.

To top all of this off; despite there being a beta, serious exploits. Exploits in the sense that I can get more stats on nagafen than I can on live at the moment.

I find it so hilarious that every exploit in eq2 comes down to just a few simple steps, the devs know the steps, yet they still release broken products every single time.

People are incredibly upset about Kaladim as people were able to rush to max level in under a day. I have absolutely no idea how people are going to stick around on that server and dredge through the content. I found even at twelve weeks and the extended grind on Fallen Gate I was ready to go insane by the time I reached the six week mark.

I got flamed on the official forums for insinuating that these expansions only realistically have 20-25 hours of content in them. I just don't see it, everyone I looked up had less quests done than me, someone who just quests to raid/better his toon to raid. Regardless, I don't see very many people sticking around on Kaladim or Nagafen at this point, I suppose it will get the expansion launch traffic just like stormhold/fallen gate got. Beyond that, good luck keeping a guild together for 16 weeks of broken content that is a push over with un-itemized loot.

In a positive note it seems they did go back and fix a bulletin point list of around 100+ fixes that plagued fallen gate, instance nameds being broken after being changed to persistent, darathar lockout, stuff like that.

Confront fear also got nerfed, so forget ever putting more than one dirge in a raid.

Edit: Regarding the nerf to discovery xp on Nagafen, this also put the final stake in the coffin. No one wants to level now that over half the server is at max level, there is no one to group with, or pvp with. Those late players also don't have a way like discovery to catch up. Great server.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Of course they do. They got theirs. No skin off their butts if the ladder is pulled up behind them.
    Time to say goodbye to my guildies and cancel my sub. All hope is now lost for this game. Anyone derping around ESO, send me a line to @darth_stomper, I've got a decent toon there and alts now...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Well I got banned from the eq2 discord for, in the most polite fashion, asking if raid content would get tweaked on Kaladim. Apparently people 3 grouped Venekor in 3 minutes 4 days after the progression opened. Obviously, Venekor has been the entry raid on both previous TLEs, but 3 groups and downed in 3 minutes? I dont think that should be a thing.

Instead of replying yes/no or even ignoring my question, I was perma banned from the discord.

My exact question:
    Caith Kander will Kaladim have any raid balance tweaks? It seems pretty dumb that you can 3 group venekor only 4 days after the server launched.

A few hours later kander replied in PMs to a guild leader:
    As far as HP, we wont be changing difficulty for Shattered Lands. The idea is everyone to have fun. Go have fun.

So he thinks people will enjoy 3 months of one shotting all raid bosses. Thats how out of touch they are with their community.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It is ironic that Discord.. where it was intended people could speak more freely, has become an even bigger echo chamber than any other venue because people can be banned for any reason or no reason at all there. At least in the forums there has to be at least something the can hold up as an infraction.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

It's great that devs hang out in Discord, however, they should NEVER have had the ability to ban people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

When they can't ban people, they just leave instead. EQ2Wire IRC chat used to have Caith/Gninja in it a lot, then eventually they both kind of snapped and rage quit.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Time for an entertainment break!

Michael Cohen search warrant revealed he took $500k from CN, reviving that topic on Massively.

CN denies it was ever owned by Renova. Daybreak denies it was ever owned by CN (despite three years of press releases and legal disclosures stating otherwise).

As usual, the comments are the best part :)

https://massivelyop.com/2019/03/19/...columbus-nova-is-back-in-national-news-again/

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They should at least have to hold to the same 'ban standard' as the forums.
    'You've pointed out a problem that I don't want to hear about' shouldn't be a bannable offense.
    Nor should 'you've asked a pertinent question I don't want to answer'.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I speak a lot to "culture".

The review on Feb 3rd speaks volumes:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Daybreak-Game-Company-Reviews-E973097.htm

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Shocked Shocked x 2
  20. Feldon

They did not like truth being spoken to power.
    I had concerns about it.

• Agree Agree x 4