1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ Next / Landmark data feed

Discussion in 'Census: General Discussion' started by Quicktiger, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

I know it's still under a closed beta, with an NDA, but I would love to get started on the work needed to have a player-centric data driven site on the day the NDA is lifted.

Is there a hidden secret handshake that is needed to get access to whatever data feed, or get in on the group that helps shape the API?

2. Grumbles

Grumbles Guest

Um, if you're referring to Landmark, it's no longer under an NDA. Hasn't been since the first day of Alpha actually.

If you're referring to Next, it's nowhere close to even Alpha release, and there's not a lot of public info of any type at the moment.

3. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

Landmark specifically. So... are there data feeds? :) Secret handshakes?

4. Grumbles

Grumbles Guest

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I've not heard or seen anything about such.

Not sure that such things are going to work with Landmark given it's major internal changes from other games - very little of the game resides on the client side as the world is constantly changing. So interfacing with the data is not going to be like anything else that is out there. And I imagine that the data itself is going to be pretty locked down.

5. Feldon

Feldon Guest

I don't think this is actually much different from EQ, EQ2, DCUO, or Planetside 2. Yes, there are a lot of 3D and 2D art assets stored on the client, but your character info, achievements, quests, recipes, etc. is all stored on the game servers, not your PC.

Why do you imagine this?

I have not yet seen any EQNL/EQN/Landmark data feeds.

6. Grumbles

Grumbles Guest

Actually, there is very little of the art assets stored on the client. Unlike other games, the world of Landmark is constantly changing and the data is stored on the servers. It is only sent to the client as you move into an area. That's the reason for the big data pipe requirement.

7. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Right. But art assets aren't part of Census.

If anything, I think that Landmark and EQN being developed with more modern practices will make them easier to build an API.

8. Grumbles

Grumbles Guest

Not if they lock down the interfaces to the server. ;)

On the other hand, I'm a bit curious as to why you would want an API to begin with. The design of Landmark doesn't seem to lend itself very much toward the type of things that I would think about using one for.

9. airmetforums

airmetforums Guest

Currently there is no datafeed for EQN or Landmark. We do have plans to add them as the games progress.
    Thanks

10. Daynos

Daynos Guest

That's the answer to the question I was about to ask... ;)