1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 2.0 Third Quest (Includes Chat & Narrative)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Silvr, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Silvr

Silvr New Member

Below collected from various locations including Eq2wire forums confirmed and discussion threads, discord chat and experience progressing through quest. I apologize for the spaced format, it did not copy well from google docs.

• Naya’Patel: Realm of the Dead - Dolas (9.28 -13.91 -86.68 213.50) Must be Ascension level 7 to continue

• Dolas: This place. It feels as of its filled wit sorrow and death.

• Player: Option 1 It’s a little scary Option 2 Don’t be a wuss

• Dolas: I am just...

• Player: Option 1 Me too. Let’s get going. Option 2 I will protect you.

• Dolas: Very well. Shall we proceed?

• Player: Let’s do this.

• Third Quest - Find your way Home Level 108 - Reward: The reward for this quest shall reveal itself.

• Dolas and I have entered Naya’Patel, Realm of the Dead with the hops of obaining what we need to defeat the Riders of Ik. If we are successful, Dolas should one day very soon, be able to return home. If we make it out of here alive, that will be somewhat of a miracle.

• Unsure where we are going, we need to fight our way onward.

• Time to look around and not die in the process.

• Hire Dolas as Quest Mercenary

• Dolas: This is a dreary place.

• Player: Option 1 Yeah, lets get moving. Option 2 Enough with the chit chat, show me what you can do!

• Dolas: Very good.

• Player: Good.
            • Follow tunnel killing Protectors of the Dead

• Take left path

• If poisoned us Poison Protection eward from previous quest steps.

• Make your way to (0.40 -1.62 -15.63)

• You enter what appears to be a throne room
          • I need to figure out how to wake up the Skeleton King.

• Place the Map on the Block

• Red Shiney Location next to sleeping King
        • We have found the throne room of the Skeleton King and awoken him by presenting the map.

• I should engage the Skeleton King and hope I do not die.

• Speak to the Arthiden Vowbreaker - Skeleton King

• Recommended to have High Keep Contested Timeline Reward with you.

• Skeleton King: You are brave to enter this realm. I see you made it past my protectors...unharmed

• Player: I am tricky like that.

• Skeleton King: What could you possibly want from here? Death?

• Player: I am looking for a weapon. A weapon that can supposedly destroy any form of undead.

• Skeleton King: And you think just because you stand before me, that I am going to give this weapon to you? A weapon of such power?

• Player: Well. Yes?

• Skeleton King: I have such a weapon, I will tell you that any weapon can be such a weapon if you know the right magics. Any armor can become immune to such a weapon as well, if you know the right magics. It is fortuitous, I know both

• Player: Kind of why I am here?

• Skeleton King: I require a dagger. A dagger fueled by human blood. The blood of murderers and thieves. The blood of nightmares.

• Player: Okay. Blood of murderers? Wait this is a riddle right?

• Skeleton King: Go from this lace. Bring me what I ask

• Player: Going
        • Arthiden Vowbreaker, the Skeleton King has what we need to defeat the Riders of Ik, but he wants something in trade.

• Arther Vowbreaker requires a dagger, fueled by living blood.

• I need to make a trade with the Skeleton King

• Complete High Keep Contested Timeline Bring reward back

• Be warned. King will attack at end of dialog.

• Skeleton King: Do you have what I require?

• Player: I have this magical dagger. Is it what you require?

• Skeleton King: Beautiful. Bloody. It’s been so long since I have seen blood. The sweet blood of life and treachery.

• Player: Great!

• Skeleton King: How I miss it. I need to see yours run hot on the floor. Now! Die!!!
            • Skeleton King Attacks - Kill
          • I need to loot Rider’s Bane.

• Loot Rider’s Bane from Skeleton Kings Chest
          • I should not forget the Vessel of Agglomerative Flesh

• Pickup the Vessel Vase next to throne, opposite where you placed map
          • I should speak to Dolas.

• Hail Dolas

• Dolas: Well friend, we have the weapon. Its time, time to face these demons.

• Player: I agree

• Dolas: I would suggest you return that vessel to the necromancer. I need to travel back to the Sinking Sands and prepare for the battle.

• Player: I will meet you in Sinking Sands.

• Dolas: Until we meet again.

• Player: See you soon.

• Dolas: This is all unwinding quickly.
        • The weapon I looted from Arthiden Vowbreaker exactly what I need. I now have the Rider’s Bane

• I need to deliver the Vessel of Agglomerative Flesh, like I promised.

• I need to speak to Kolanas Kirr.

• The Necromancer’s Den Fens of Nathsar (626.01, 39.34, -1558.17)

• Be warned Necromancer will attack at end of dialog

• Kolanas Kirr: Do you havve what I requirrre? Havvve you ssseen the Sskeleton Kinggg?

• Player: I have it. This was not easy to get.

• Kolanas Kirr: Sssweet flesssh, cccome to meee.

• Player: [Hand Klanas the vessel.]

• Kolanas Kirr: Now I shall add you to my thralls.
        • Kolanas Kirr used the Vessel of Agglomerative Flesh to reanimate himself and then attacked me. Unfortunately, he had to be defeated.

• I should meet Dolas in the Sinking Sands, at his camp.

• Dolas needed to return to his camp to prepare to take on the Riders.

• Return to Dolas Sinking Sands (-746.20 -57.97 -189.26)

• As you approach you see the riders of Ik have found dolas he is being attacked.
        • I wasn’t quick enough to act. The Ridrs of Ik have taken Dolas and the Headpiece of Aerdaeryls.

• It is time to defeat these Riders of Ik and their Horse Queen

• I need to use Rider’s Bane to defeat the Riders of Ik.

• Kurns Tower: Saving Dolas - Fens of Nathsar (-2011.37 -363.20 -1800.60) entrance created during previous quest steps with exploding barrel

• Follow tunnel, climb wall (-57.52 -49.36 -83.55)
            • Kill pair of Dark Trackers in middle of zone, will spawn additional pair of Dark Trackers that update quest.
          • I should rescue Dolas.

• Find Dolas in cage (60.53 -1.51 20.00)

• Hire Dolas as Quest Mercenary

• Dolas: PLAYER, get me out of here before we both die.

• Player: Option 1 Does it look like I am working on it? I am working on it. Option 2 Nope

• Dolas: Let’s go.

• Player; We Fight!
            • Horse Queen will attack you after some time. Do not AFK after hailing Dolas but before killing queen
          • Time to take out The Horse Queen

• Kill The Horse Queen (75.44 1.38 0.81)

• You must have Rider’s Bane equipped to have any hope of defeating this enemy!

• Without Riders Bane equipped The Horse Queen has death prevent Undying Link
              • The Rider’s Bane weapon dissolved The Horse Queen’s Undying Link
          • I should discuss our triumph with Dolas

• Hail Dolas

• Dolas: This is wondrous. We have only to deal with Drusilla and then I can return to my home.

• Player: Option 1 Drusilla? Shouldn’t be a problem. Option 2 Just another fight. I spots left on my battle card.

• Dolas: No, PLAYER. She has the Headpiece of Aerdaerys. It was on my person when I was capture. Her minions have already spirited it away. She will be near impossible to defeat with the headpiece in her possession.

• Player: Option 1 Okay, so do you have any ideas? Option 2 Great. Mor barriers.

• Dolas: Archmage Garla, surely she would know how to defeat the power of the headpiece. I am afraid she is Nye’Caelona.

• Player: Okay, well then I am off to Nye’Caelona. You should go tend to your wounds.

• Dolas: But… I just help you face Drusilla, yes?

• Player: Don’t be silly. You can barely walk, let alone fight. I will face her alone.

• Dolas: Here. Garla will not help an outsider. Explain to her the situation and show her this.

• Player: You’re mother’s locket?

• Dolas: It is the only way. Show her this and say “the stars glimmer in the ancestral wood, their light shines by the grace of Valinor:.

• Player: Than I will seak out the Archmage. Then I will defeat Drsilla Sathir.
        • I’ve rescued Dolas and defeated the Riders of Ik. Unfortunately, not before Drusilla got her hands on the Headpiece of Aerdaerys.

• Dolas still cannot return safely to his home. I need to speak to an archmage in the city of Nye’Caelona. Dolas seems to think he will know what I need to defeat Drusilla.

• I need to speak to Archmage Garla

• Nye’Caelona Obolus Frontier (-190.83 57.30 -226.57) inner circle inside Nye’Caelona

• Archmage Garla Cheris: Greetings

• Player: Archmage Garla, Dolas Vylardini sent me. He needs your help.

• Archmage: Dolas is dead. What do you even know of him?

• Player: [Shows Garla the locket]

• Archmage: Dolas? How did you get this. Did you…

• Player: He told me to tell you “The stars glimmer in the ancestral wood, their light shines by the grace of Valinor.”

• Archmage: Dolas! Only a Cae’Dal of Nye’Caelona would know this phrase. It would only be spoken to an outsider if it was essential. Mercy, he is alive. What help do you need friend?

• Player: Drusilla has the Headpiece of Aerdaerys. Dolas will not return until he knows he is no longer pursued.

• Archmage: I see. You know of the headpiece. I surmise that is is you, the capable hero, who will confront Drusilla Sathir.

• Player: Option 1 Well, I wasn’t doing anything else so I figured I would drop by. Option 2 You're damn right.

• Archmage: Okay, well that what we must do is build you a spell shield. Something tuned directly to her magic.

• Player: How do we do that?

• Archmage: I need ancient relics. Relics used for iksar ceremonies. Specifically, Kunarkian ceremonial iksar relics. With these I will be able to make a spell shield tough enough to survive her power.

• Player: This seems like a strange question, but where di I find those?

• Archmage: Here. In Kunark. Here is the list. They could literally be everywhere. I would try Dalnir, Kaesora, and City of Mist.

• Player: Okay. Time to put my tomb raiding hat on.

• Archmage Find Great luck with those artifacts
        • I am going to need a lot of ancient iksar relics to create a spell shield to protect myself from Drusilla Sathir.

• I must track down and obtain ancient iksar relics of power

• I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial incense bowl.

• Crypt of Dalnir: Barons Workshop (Heroic) Obulus Frontier (792.46 -129.38 -582.95)

• Bowl on floor (-157, 26, -471)

• You pick up the ancient bowl, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
          • I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial wand.

• Crypt of Dalnir: Wizards Den (Event Heroic) Obulus Frontier (792.46 -129.38 -582.95)

• Small purple wand (638.91 -59.18 131.27)

• You pick up the ancient wand, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
          • I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial emblem.

• The Ruins of Cabilis (Heroic) Fens of Nathsar (326.90 25.94 -1194.12)

• Emblem on back of pillar (303.77 -2.80 387.85)

• You pick up the ancient emblem, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
          • I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial shroud.

• Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated (Heroic) Fens of Nathsar (345.17 20.77 -1307.33)

• Shroud in alcove last room (-479.24 114.19 -347.13)

• You pick up the ancient shroud, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
          • I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial dagger

• A Lost City of Torsis: Reaver’s Remnants (Heroic) Kunzar Jungle (-258.23 151.01 -1161.50)

• Small purple dagger on wall (81.16 -4.35 -1063.37)

• You pick up the ancient dagger, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
          • I need to locate an ancient iksar ceremonial drum.

• A Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple (Event Heroic) Kunzar Jungle (-258.23 151.01 -1161.50)

• Left side of center temple (-151, 20, -315)

• You pick up the ancient drum, you see images in your mind of what appears to be an ancient iksar burial ceremony.
        • With the ridiculous amount of effort, I have managed to find all of the relics the Archamage requires for the spell shield.

• I need to take all this stuff back to Archamage Garla.

• I should speak to Archmage Garla.

• Nye’Caelona Obolus Frontier (-190.83 57.30 -226.57) inner circle inside Nye’Caelona

• Archmage Garla Cheris: Do you have the relics on my list?

• Player: I most certainly do.

• Archmage: Excellent work friend.

• Player: You can call me PLAYER.

• Archmage: Excellent work, PLAYER.

• Player: Awww, thanks!

• Archmage: Give me some time here. I will prepare the spell.

• Player: Okay

• Archmage: The spell is ready. Good luck PLAYER. Bring Dolas home to us.

• Player: I shall.

• Archmage: the spell should be exactly what you need.
            • You receive Sathirian Protection Bauble
        • I now have the spell shield that should protect me from Drusilla Sathir and her new found power.

• I need to find the entrance to Kaesora and confront Drusilla Sathir

• Sacred Temple: Drussila’s Time Fens of Nathsar (326.90 25.94 -1194.12)
          • Defeat Drusilla Sathir

• Drusella Sathir: (-423.82 -75.52 -403.35)

• Drusella Sathir: I see you managed to take out my flunkies. Sign. This is quite the inconvenience.

• Drusella Sathir: The Headpiece of Aedaerys is mine. If you want it, you’ll need to take it from me. I do not share well with others.

• Drusella Sathir: I will almost certainly kill you. Let’s find out.
            • Drusilla becomes attackable

• Cast Sathirian Protection Bauble & Attack Drusilla

• Drusilla Sathir: I will join Syllokk in the afterlife.
        • I have defeated Drusilla Sathir. I doubt we’ll get much trouble from her again.

• I need to return to Dolas and tell him of the victory against Drusilla Sathir.

• I should speak to Dolas and give him the good news.

• Return to Dolas Sinking Sands (-725.06 -62.28 -196.62)

• Dolas: So good to see your face, PLAYER. I can always tell when you have been sucessful.

• Player: Yea, a little worse for wear, but it’s still attached.

• Dolas: You have my locket!

• Player: I do. Its time Dolas, Drusilla has been defeated. You can return home, my friend

• Dolas: Home. Such a welcome, yet foreign concept.

• Player: Your father will be pleased to see you.

• Dolas: Well then, let us head to Nye’Caelona.

• Player: Sounds like a plan, Doly.

• Dolas: No, PLAYER. No.

• Player: No? Doly Dole…

• Dolas: No.

• Player: No.

• Dolas: I am right behind you! Let’s go!
        • Dolas can now return home.

• I am to meet Dolas back at his home city, Nye’Caelona.

• I need to speak to Chancellor Thanial Vylardin.

• Nye’Caelona Obolus Frontier (-215.48 57.29 -224.85) inner circle inside Nye’Caelona

• Chancellor Thanial Vylardin: You returned my son to me, PLAYER

• Player: Option 1 I did my best, chancellor! Option 2 Yeah, pay up, goldy locks.

• Chancellor: Here, take this tome. Supposedly the clues laid down within it, lead to a powerful planar powered weapon.

• Player: Why didn't you go after this yourself?

• Chancellor: I only cared about finding my son. No weapon is that important to me.

• Player: Okay, well, this isn’t exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it will do.

• Chancellor: Dolas has something else for you. Some treasure, Thank you again, PLAYER.

• Player: Okay. Now we are talkin’!

• Chancellor: I truly hope you are successful with the information I have given you! Thank you again
            • Player loots the Fabled [a finely decorated book]
          • I need to speak to Dolas.

• Nye’Caelona Obolus Frontier (-215.48 57.29 -224.85) inner circle inside Nye’Caelona

• Dolas: Helo my friend. It is good to be home again.

• Player: Yeah? You look content.

• Dolas: Not so much! After so much adventure and excitement, I long to do it again!

• Player: Well, you are welcome at my side anytime Mr. Capable.

• Dolas: That sounds great! Here, I want you to take this. I don’t want to hear any arguments.

• Player: Thank you my friend!

• Dolas: If you want more information about what is in that tome my father gave you. You should speak to Archmage Garla again. She may be able to shed some light.

• Player: Okay, thanks Dolas.
      • How many victories did it take? Though not my style, I encountered a Cae’Dal named Dolas. Through much effort I was able to return him to his home without fear of death or invasions by those who wanted him dead and sought after the Headpiece of Aerdaerys. I will admit, my motivation was selfish at first. But I gained an ally for life, and now I have the beginnings of the information I need to attain a very powerful planar weapon. I’d say it all worked out so far.

• Quest Rewards

• Dola’s Mother’s Locket

• 211p 70c

• 505400 status points.