1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 2.0 Second Quest (Includes Chat & Narrative)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Silvr, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Silvr

Silvr New Member

Below collected from various locations including Eq2wire forums confirmed and discussion threads, discord chat and experience progressing through quest. I apologize for the spaced format, it did not copy well from google docs.

• Sinking Sands - Dolas (-746.20 -57.97 -189.26)

• Dolas: Greetings PLAYER. I am thankful you have found me. Luckily when the riders came this time, I was just healthy enough to get away. My hope is you understood my clue.

• Player: Option 1 Yes Dolas, I am glad to see you up and about. Option 2 I did. Obviously

• Dolas:How did your adventure to find the riders hideout go.

• Player: Here is the locket. Let’s see if it helps.

• Amazing! You are truly capable. Thank you.

• Player: Just shut up and hold it

• Dolas;Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Dolas: Well. This has been quite the revelation.

• Player: So you remember who you are? What you were doing?

• Dolas: I do, friend. I do.

• Player: Option 1 Well, let’s head back to Nye’Caelona and make your father happy. Option 2 Well, than what are we waiting for? It’s time for me to get paid.

• Dolas: You don't understand. I cannot return to my home. Not yet. I cannot chance the Riders coming to pay a call on my people. I will not be responsible for that.

• Player: Option 1 Understandable What is the next? Option 2 I knew you were going to say that. I should have just knocked you on the noggin....

• Dolas:The map? You have it?

• Player: You mean this half of a map?

• Dolas: Yes! That is it!. Such a fortune!

• Player: Dolas. What is the map?

• Dolas: I have been on the run for a very long time. After months of hiding and running, I decided I would start looking for a way to defeat the Riders. On one of my journeys I can upon that map half. There are runes on it that can be ready only in the desert sun, and only during the right time of the year.

• Player: Okay…

• Dolas: This map is not just a map, it’s a key. It is a key to the realm of the dead. According to legend, the Skeleton King holds a weapon that can defeat any undead enemy.

• Player: And the map is missing half?

• Dolas:I was wondering what the strange scribbling on the back of the map were. They must be clues as to where the other pieces are hidden. I am pretty sure someone did not want to take any chance with that map falling into the wrong hands.

• Player: Option 1 Is there a way we can have you forget things again? Option 2 I have a bad feeling about the next part?

• Dolas: Don't you see PLAYER? These are clues, if you can follow the clues and recover the pieces missing?I’d assume there are 6 clues, so the other half of the map must have been torn into 6 pieces and hidden all over Norrath.

• Player: Wait, wait wait. If I can follow these clues?

• Dolas:I am still healing. I was lucky enough to make it here to the Sinking Sands. I believe this desert air will help me heal at an accelerated rate.

• Player: Why would desert air help?

• Dolas; I am unsure. But I was indeed drawn here the first time. My hope is they would never look for me here again, and especially now that I have m locket back. I don't think they can track me any longer with their dark magic.

• Player: Interesting. Well this region is filled with a lot of undead...elves.

• Dolas:Really? Well that is a tale for another day perhaps! Take the map, search out the other pieces, then we will find a way to reassemble the map. That should lead us to the realm of the undead.

• Player: Very well. I am off.

• Second Quest - The Map is a Key. The Key is a Map? Level 108 - Reward: The reward for this quest shall reveal itself.

• I found Dolas in Sinking Sands. Holding his mother’s locket seems to have brought back most of his memories. He has told me of the Headpiece of Aerdaerys, a powerful relic that Drusilla Sathir wants enough to hunt him across the Norrath. Months ago he started looking for a way to defeat the Riders of Ik and Drusilla. It seems we need to reassemble the map that I found half of in Ferrott. Supposedly a weapon of great power is in the hands of a being only know to Dolas as the Skeleton King. This weapon can defeat the Riders and their Master. Now we just need to find the pieces of the puzzle and put them back together, without being killed in the process.

• I am searching for the missing pieces of the map. The half that I have has six clues scribbled on the back of it. TIme to decipher and start looking. (Read map found in first quest)

• I am looking for the Upper Left Hand Corner of Dola’s Map.

• Such is a place that is hidden in the old worlds. Last in the line of those who gnaw and bite. A promontory of unknown origins

• Wurmbone Crag Heroic Jarsath Waste (-1216 113 2062)

• Krelgrek Crag-Chair (last named)
          • I am looking for the Upper Middle Section of Dolas’ Map

• Darkness is but a commonality. Ever does it sink, never does it get deeper. Think before you enter.

• Kralet Penumbra: Tepid Depths Heroic ToT (453.47 8.84 -768.34)

• Mrwar, The Destroyer (last named)
          • I am looking for the left middle section of Dolas’ map.

• These rules present a problem, they do not always solve what they set out to. These is often ruin.

• Algorithm for Destruction Heroic Maldura (-107.46 1.49 47.08)

• Black Bolt (last named)
          • I am looking for the right middle section of Dolas’ map

• Sometimes mouths are covered from the world. Sometimes they are covered from the past. Sometimes they are covered too long.

• The Hidden Caldera Heroic Zavith’loa - Tranquil Sea (-1262.17 80.73 -722.39)

• Fiery Effigy of Cloth’thloa (last named)
          • I am looking for the bottom left corner of Dolas’ map.

• Water is moved. Water accumulates. Water is moved again. The water in its body is not always clean.

• Bilgewater Falls Brokenskull Bay - Tranquil Sea (294.89 5.58 -920.71)

• Captain Berlon Bilgewater (last named)
          • I am looking for the lower middle section of Dolas’ map.

• The menacing and maligned are sometimes forgotten. They are forgotten as they are out of sight, out of mind. This is their domain.

• Baleful Domination Harrow’s End - Obol Plains (445.53 33.02 511.46)

• Drinal (last named)
        • I have the map pieces. Time to bring these back to Dolas and see where we go from here.

• Dolas is hiding in Sinking Sands. Time to show him the goods.

• I need to return to Dolas.

• Sinking Sands - Dolas (-746.20 -57.97 -189.26)

• Dolas: Have you found the other pieces of the map?

• Player: I have. It was difficult.

• Dolas: I can only imagine friend. According to the runes. THis map was created by a powerful necromancer. Perhaps a necromancer could restore it?

• Player: Where do I find a powerful necromancer?

• Dolas: I honestly do not know. A place where there is lots of undead?

• Player: You mean like the place we are trying to get with the map?

• Dolas: No, the place we are trying to get with the map, no living soul would dwell there.

• Player: Okay, well I guess we are at a dead end.

• Dolas: Funny.

• Player: I thought so.
        • The map is not only a map but a key as well.

• I need to search out a being that is powerful enough to magically reassemble this map.

• I need to make inquiries about this map.

• The Necromancer’s Den Fens of Nathsar (626.01, 39.34, -1558.17)

• Kolanas Kirr: How dare you enter thisss realm!

• Player: Option 1 Whoa. You’re… a ghost. Option 2 I am to busy for this.

• Kolanas Kirr:I am Kolanasss Kerrr, and I will rrrend the living fluidsss from yourrr body aaand drinkkk themmm downnn!

• Player: Fine I am taking my map and going.

• Mappp? Whaaat mappp? Ssshow it to me?

• Player: Option 1 I see, now you want to be reasonable. Option 2 I don’t think so you abomination.

• Kolanas Kirr:Showww me the mappp. Pleasssse.

• Player: Very well.

• Kolanas Kirr:This isss ittt. Thisss isss the mappp to Naya’Patel… How diiid you commme by thisss?

• Player: What is Nayar Partel? How would you know this?

• Kolanas Kirr: Nayad’Patellll, I am a necromancerrr, anancientt lich. Thisss…. Issss… the realmmm of the deadddd.

• Player: Okay, then you know how to get there?

• Kolanas Kirr: Whyy woulddd you wwwant to gooo toooo Naya’Patelll? Foolisssssh morrtal.

• Player: Look, do you know how to fix, repair, reassemble this map?

• Kolanas Kirr: I dooo.

• Player: Okay?

• Kolanas Kirr:This isss fortuitousss that you wwwould bring thisss herrrrre.

• Player: Everybody wants something.

• Kolanas Kirr: Exxxxactlyyyy.

• Player: Exactly what?

• Kolanas Kirr: I need a bodyyy. I wissss to returrrnn to the livinggg. You cannn helllpp.

• Player: Option 1. You are seriously creeping me out. Option 2 Look, you can help me, I can help you. Let’s do business.

• Kolanas Kirr: [THINKING]

• Player: Helllooo?

• Kolanas Kirr: Tooo restorrre the mappp I will needdd componentsss. Trinketssss of the deaaad.

• Player: Option 1 I am listening. Option 2 Get to the point ghost face.

• Kolanas Kirr:The itemsss are thingsss you would finnnnddd in a graaaaveyarrrd. Ssstone and sssoilll.

• Player: Graveyard? Any graveyard?

• Kolanas Kirr:Yesss. You willll Knowwwwww.

• Player: Stone and soil. You really need to work on the less creepy thing. Just saying.
          • I am searching for headstone shards and graveyard soil.

• Collect Shinies from following cemeteries purple sparkle 1 headstone 1 soil from each

• Somborn Cemetery Loping Plains (-437.15 15.00 62.80)

• Graveyard Plains Commonlands (137.30, -48.04, -233.33)

• The End of the Road Tranquil Sea (614.97, 22.65, 1165.59)

• Unrest Cemetery Butcherblock Mountains (-268.50, 176.58, 1426.76)

• The Graves of the Fallen The Hole (west side, Dartain’s Fortress) - Sundered Frontier (713.86, 124.98, -208.81)

• Antonica

• Sogbone Skeletons in water near qeynos bridge (540.84 -41.59 379.67) Headstone collection

• Windstalker Highlands (-1756.94, -13.46, -752.54)
            • Turn Shinies into collector rewards (2 collections items) to book

• Find 2 additional shinies.

• Reanimation Incantation

• Spell Scroll: Restore Flesh (LORE NO TRADE)

• Spell Scroll: Breath Life (LORE NO TRADE)
              • Report of heroic zones. Can be rolled on by individuals not on quest. Communicate with group

• Barons Workshop

• Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber Obolus Frontier shiny confirmed at (0.05 -38.72 -383.12)

• Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold Fens of Nathsar shiny confirmed at (-331.38 -16.69 514.32)
            • Turn in Shinies into collector rewards Reanimation Incantation
          • I need to show the necromancer this incantation.

• The Necromancer’s Den Fens of Nathsar (626.01, 39.34, -1558.17)

• Kolanas Kirr: Excccellentt! You have returrrrrned!

• Player: Here is what you asked for.

• Kolanas Kirr: The spellll is not complete. I mussst admit. I missssleading with youuuuu.

• Player: Misleading?

• Kolanas Kirr:I cannnn reasssssemble the mappp. I havvve a priccce.

• Player: Option 1 Okay, so these arn’t for the map? Option 2 I think its time to rearrange your face. If I can find it.

• Kolanas Kirr: Nooooo.

• Player: Option 1 Understandable. What do you need? Option 2 What do you need?

• Kolanas Kirr: Gooood. Goooood. I am glad you can beee reassssonabllllleeeee.

• Player: I am reasonable to a point. What do you want?

• Kolanas Kirr: Nayaaaaa”Patelllll. It isssss dangerousssss. I require an itemmmm frommmm therrrrrre.

• Player: Dangerous. Okay. What do you require?

• Kolanas Kirr: I wisssshhh to ressstore mysssellffff. Bring meeeee the Vesssssel of Agglomerativvvvvee Flesssshhhh. For thissssss, i will ressstore the mapppp nowwww and you will bringggg meee the vessssel.

• Player: Very well, how will I know it?

• Kolanas Kirr: It sssssits besiddddde the Kingggg. You willll knowwww ittttt.

• Player: Option 1 Fine. Restore the map. Option 2 Fix my map. Before I hide all your sheets.

• Kolanas Kirr: It issss donnnnneeee. Herrreee take thisssss. The realllmmmm is gaurdeddd by Nayadsss, theyyy are mosssst deadlyyyy. Theirrrr poisonssss arrrre almossst unavoidablllleeee. Sssslay a Nayaddddd, harvesssst itsss bloodddd, mix itttt with thesssseeee herrrrbssss. Drrrinkkk itttt. Thisss will protectttt youuuu for a timmmmeeee.

• Player: Slay a nayad, mix its blood with herbs, drink it. Thats disgusting.

• Kolanas Kirr: Rememberrrr yourrrrr wordddddd.

• Player: Option 1 My word is my bond. Option 2 I’ve got a few words for you. Fine.

• Kolanas Kirr: Gooooodddddd.

• Player: Yes. Goood.
          • You receive a strange flask filled with herbs and reassembled map of the dead.
        • The map has been reassembled and I now have the information and tools I need to proceed. Hopefully.

• I should tell Dolas about Naya’Patel.

• I need to tell Dolas of my adventures and the assembled map.

• Return to Dolas Sinking Sands (-746.20 -57.97 -189.26)

• Dolas: How fairs your search friend. Have any progress?

• Player: I found a necromancer deep within Kaesora, he restored the map. For a price

• Dolas: Oh dear. What was the price?

• Player: She wants something frm the realm of the dead, the vessel of Agglomerative Flesh.

• Dolas: I have never heard of such a vessel.

• Player: Wll, her flesh has seen better days. I believe he wants to use it to restore himself.

• Dolas: Many powerful necromancers have been known to become liches.

• Player: She did just say that. Okay, so what now?

• Dolas: Well, now that we have the full map, we are off to Moors of Ykesha apparently. I was also drawn there for some reason. Perhaps it is time I venture out with you?

• Player: Do you think you are ready?

• I believe I am close to fully recovered, PLAYER. I will meet you at the Drop Ship Landing in Moors of Ykesha.

• Player: Very well. See you there.
        • Dolas wishes to travel with me to Naya’Patel.

• I need to find Dolas at the Dropship Landing.

• I am to meet Dolas at the Dropship Landing in the Moors of Ykesha.

• Moors of Ykesha (1852.46 453.27 969.18)

• Hire Dolas as Quest Mercenary Do not evac, call, die or zone or you will lose Dolas and need to go back and rehire.

• Dolas: Ready to head out?

• Player: Option 1 I think so. Option 2 Not Yet.

• Dolas: Good. I thought you were going to leave without me.

• Player: Let;s head out.
        • Dolas and I are now adventuring together.

• I need to find the five markers that unlock the realm of the dead.

• I am looking for one of the five markers that unlock Naya’Patel, the Realm of the Dead.

• Marker of the dead (315.35, -85.10, -436.57) between roots of large tree
          • I am looking for second of five markers

• Marker of the dead (427.77, -50.74, -183.50)
          • I am looking for the third of five markers.

• Marker of the dead (640.76, 16.16, -214.70)
          • I am looking for the fourth of five markers

• Marker of the dead (573.78, 108.22, -476.71)
          • I am looking for the final marker.

• Marker of the dead (753.28, 169.52, -667.31)
        • Having the map allowed me to activate the markers.

• When I clicked the fifth marker, I heard a sound, something like a lock disengaging.

• Now to find the entrance.

• Entrance behind vine wall (688.13 147.31 -863.10)

• Protector of the Dead mobs will appear and attack you (644.66 150.77 -853.10)
          • I need to harvest blood from the nayads. I am poisoned.

• Harvest Blood From the Dead Protector
          • I need to add this blood to the jar of ingredients and consume the mixture.

• Examine a strange flask filled with herbs reward from previous quest steps.

• What do you want to do with this?

• Pour the blood into the jar?

• Do nothing.
              • Drink the mixture down, quickly.

• Drink it
            • Reward Poison Protection
        • Combining the blood with the ingredients within the jar that the necromancer gave me, should make me immune to the guardian’s poison.

• Its time to enter the realm of the dead and see what I can find.

• I should enter Naya’Patel, Realm of the Dead.

• Climb Ladder (642.64 150.90 -833.73)
      • The map to the real of the dead has been reassembled by the necromancer, Kolanos Kerr. I have found my way to Naya’Patel with Dolas at my side. We’ve come this far in hopes of finding a weapon to defeat the Riders of Ik and their master, Drusilla Sathir. Now it’s time to speak to this being called the Skeleton King.

• Quest Reward

• Bow of the Naya’Patel

• 511p 70g

• 505400 status points

• Informative Informative x 1