1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 2.0 Fourth Quest (Includes Chat & Narrative)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Silvr, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Silvr

Silvr New Member

Below collected from various locations including Eq2wire forums confirmed and discussion threads, eq2.wikia, discord chat and experience progressing through quest. I apologize for the spaced format, it did not copy well from google docs.

• Obulus Frontier - Archmage Garla (-190.83 57.30 -226.57) inner circle inside Nye’Caelona. Must be Ascension level 8 to continue

• Archmage Garla: We cannot thank you enough for returning Dolas to us. You are a hero to us all.

• Player: Option 1 It was nothing. Option 2 Yeah, I am still trying to get my reward out of it.

• Garla: What information do you need?

• Player: What do you know about planar powered weapons and this weird book I cannot open?

• Garla: I know very little about the book. I know the Chanellor has had it for time out of mind. THe book never seems to age or get damaged. It is truly magical I think.

• Player: Option 1 Welp. That doesn’t help me a bit. Option 2. It is all very confusion.

• Garla: I am surprised he gave it to you. I have to be honest. I feel like the one who can open that book would have knowledge they shouldn’t have. But we have never figured out how to open it. Perhaps someone who knows a great deal about books can help you?

• Player: Perhaps

• Garla: I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
    • Fourth Quest - Nonsense is better Than no Sense at All Level 108 - Reward: The reward for this quest shall reveal itself.

• I was given this book as part of my reward for rescuing Dolas. Archmage Garla knows little of its origins. I imagine my first step would be to find someone who knows a lot about books to take a look at this magnificent tome.

• I imagine I should locate someone who has an expertise with rare books.

• I need to find a book expert.

• Tower of Frozen Shadows: Cursed Vaults Great Divide Iceclad (-1118.02 -525.67 -1716.97)

• Spectral Librarian Emiida (-2.18 46.80 -16.01)

• Emiida: What do you want of me?

• Player: Option 1 Can you tell me anything about this book? Option 2 I think I need to go.

• Emiida: Did you open the book and read it?

• Player: The pages are blank.

• Emiida: From the look of the cover I would say that it is a book that belongs to Bristlebane. Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane.

• Player: You mean the god? The King of Thieves? Belongs?

• Emiida: Precisely. I can tell you no more.

• Player: Okay. Well thanks!

• Emiida: I told you of the Arcane Archives, now leave me to my work.
        • The book is believed to have belonged to Bristlebane himself.

• I suppose I should pull on this thread.

• I need to look for more information.

• Cobalt Scar (4760, -1140, 1432) Investigate the Statue

• You hear an indistinguishable voice that sounds like it is coming from inside your head.

• The voice says “Pay me a tithe worthy of my station and my secrets will be bestowed onto you”
        • I found a strange statue in Cobalt Scar.

• I am really not very sure of what I am actually looking for at this point.

• What sort of currency would the statue want?

• Pick up 10 jester’s coins quest does not update on pickup

• Steamfont Mountains (-1044.35 145.26 1097.43)

• Isle of Mara 4th floor monk tower (18.29 57.84 -159.44)

• Maj’Dul carpet in sinking sands (38.37 235.51 -197.96)

• Thurgadin door in great divide(910.73 -273.98 106.21)

• Qeynos smugglers grotto (887.74 -31.80 41.98)

• Freeport Jade Tiger’s Den(-91.11 -11.00 -73.19)

• Kylong Plains Teren Grasp (1821.35 488.29 -791.99)

• Barren Sky (-191.54 -165.59 -289.40)

• Vessypr Isle (379.68 183.70 -845.40)

• Stonebrunt Highlands (-1082.86 738.16 -298.07)
            • When 10th is clicked you receive a stack of Jester’s Coins
          • These strange coins with the symbols that match this book may be what I need.

• I should return to the statue and see if these are what I need to pay the tithe

• I should return to the Bristlebane statue.

• Cobalt Scar (4760, -1140, 1432) Pay the tithe

• You are ported to another plan of reality
          • The tithe has been paid.

• I have entered a realm that looks an aweful lot like Obulus Frontier. Though there is something very different about it.

• What just happened?

• I guess I should look around this strange realm.

• Inspect the following troublesome relics in order. Same concept as heroic puzzle mount. Click the relics in order or start over. Blue aura means correct order, red aura means incorrect and start over.

• A Mask of Melodies Floating in water (-96.11 -244.76 -812.36)

• A blue Flower of Functionality! SE & Above Mask (-167.72 -175.52 -637.20)

• A Globe of Darkness. E & Above Flower (-438.30 21.78 -574.95)

• A Blue Giftbox S & Below Globe when close “You feel as if something important is nearby…” must be invis to see (-394.64 -71.16 -379.20)

• A Breastplate of Distraction S & Above Giftbox (-332.09 89.37 -216.78)

• A Buckler of Doom. SW & Below Breastplate (-212.19 -13.61 -59.91)

• Greaves of Distraction SW & Below Buckler (-69.54 -123.10 99.51)

• A Green Gift Box SW & Above Greaves when close “You feel as if something important is nearby…” must be invis to see (68.47 -78.57 306.07)

• A Green Flower of Functionality. E & Above Giftbox (-825.75 189.45 607.78)

• A Red Gift Box! SW & Below Flower (-166.20 129.53 760.30)

• A Crown of Distraction. W of Giftbox when close “You feel as if something important is nearby…” must be invis to see (198.29 134.46 825.86)

• A Blue Striped Gift Box! W & Above Crown in Lava (584.52 191.76 768.85)

• A Black Flower of Functionality! S & Above Gift Box (606.86 242.90 1184.29)

• A Paisley Gift Box A Final Troublesome Relic SW of Flower when close “You feel as if something important is nearby…” must be invis to see (449.10 246.33 1463.24)
          • I have found a slew of strange objects. I am unsure of what to do next.

• Something tells me this place has another secret to reveal to me.

• I should speak to Bristlebane

• Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane <Master of Mischief> (455.87 245.18 1460.43)

• Bristlebane: Wow. You’re good. Really good.

• Player: Option 1 Why do you look like a baby with a five o’clock shadow? Option 2 Excuse me? Option 3 I must go.

• Bristlebane: I haven’t been this entertained in a long time. Poor Dolas. He got it bad. But you pulled him through like a champion of Norrath.

• Player: Option 1 Entertained? Option 2 I don’t get the reference.

• Bristlebane: You know? Most people don’t care if you’re telling them the truth or if you’re telling them a lie, as long as they’re entertained by it.

• Player: Option 1 Spit it out Tiny Tim. Option 2 What does that have to do with anything?

• Bristlebane: Look, the simple fact is I have been watching you, PLAYER. You are a force of chaos and power all balled up into one phenomenal package aren’t ya?

• Player: I suppose?

• Bristlebane: The book you have there? With the jester on it? That is mine. Lost it long ago. Couldn’t remember where. But someone found it. Good ole Vylardin. He is so serious. Phew.

• Player: Option 1 The Chancellor? Are you who I think you are? Option 2 I must go.

• Bristlebane: I like your style. Look, this was a test, plain and simple. I know for a fact you are currently looking for planar weapons. Got a beef with a very angry sisterhood? You know darn well who I am, PLAYER.

• Player: You’re a...god?

• Bristlebane: I know, you’re confused. Anyway...Here is what you need to do. When you are ready, take a look at the book again. It will tell you what to do next. You can keep it too by the way. Not much of a need for it these days.

• Player: Option 1 This book? The one that is blank and will not open? Option 2 I must go.

• Bristlebane: Is it? Maybe it will reveal more information to you later.

• Player: Okay?

• Bristlebane: Good luck! I cannot tell you too much, that isn’t really my style. Besides, you are a butt-kicker. You’ll get it.

• Player: Thanks. I think.

• Bristlebane: Might want to take a look at that book again.
      • It’s been a while ride. Apparently Bristlebane himself was behind this entire journey. He rewarded me and sent me on my way, with this blasted book still in hand. He claims that when I am powerful enough the book will reveal its final secretes to me.

• Quest Reward

• Bristlebane’s Envy

• 211p 70c

• 505400 status points.

• Like Like x 1