1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EG7 update related to Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zhaanish, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

"Communities in focus - We listen to you"

Players: Stop adding more p2w in an already heavy p2w game please. Please give us more content that isn't overseers so we have stuff to do outside of raiding.

=

"Alright, guys lets add more p2w in the gambling crate by adding resolve, a crucial progression stat and more horrible overseer quests."

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

Extensive discussion of H1Z1. References to other games including EQ1. Literally zero reference to Everquest 2.

4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Ah the annual "We're going to listen!" publicity statement.

As per every year for the past 10, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Giving Kander and Caith the authority to make design decisions = Giving eq2 COVID-19.

To wit, now that their ingenious master plan of funneling everybody into their laggy, un-optimized, not all that special raid environment (presumably because it's cheap to produce and easier to manufacture shop dependencies) has come to fruition, we now have RAIDERS on the forums complaining about having nothing to do outside of raiding.

I am 100% confident that when making decisions, customer experience is not even on Kander's radar; either because he is simply not capable of seeing a perspective other than his own, just doesn't give a crap, or both.

I truly do not believe EG7 expects EQ2 to survive much longer. The game is just too far down the rabbit hole of completely f*cked in terms of both the product itself and its thoroughly fed-up current and former customers.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Agreed. They'll keep it in maintenance mode for as long as the whales continue to spend more than it costs to operate. Once those lines start looking like they'll intersect, it'll be gone.

Oh, they'll get a short term "bump" from the TLE PvP launch - but I'm betting it's a ghost town by the end of the year. And whatever goodwill that bought the current team with EG7 will ride out of town at about the same time.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Fixed that for ya :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I have unsubbed and uninstalled the game, and will not ever go back to it. At least not while it continues in its current direction (downward at an ever-increasing speed). Something pretty radical will need to happen now for me to return, and I think I have more chance of seeing a herd of flying porcines before that ever happens. My time with EQ2 is done.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I got this machine nearly a year ago now. I have so far resisted all urges to install any DBG products on it. They seem determined to make those urges easy to resist.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Due to work I haven't been able to play the game much, so I can't say as much as I usually would about it.
    Although my guild for the last 9 years or so went into ghost-town mode this expac, so I switched to a new guild a month ago.
    Currently doing solo stuff. Hopefully will start back on heroic stuff. So can't really say I have much knowledge on the current state of the game.

What I can gather from the little forum skimming I've been doing recently is that there is a new PVP server, assassins have been nerfed and their FFU chain is being blocked by mobs due to not being able to utilizes Strikethrough, a new P2W lootbox crate season has begun, and the Devs still like Overseers for some reason.

Some things I liked about this expac is they removed the leveling weapons and the amount of infusers has been reduced.

As for the EG7 CEO, he seems competent, but not so sure that the current Dev team for EQ2 can turn ship on many years of bad will. DW is trying from the way that it looks, even if he has alienated @Feldon .
    Daybreak seems to be having quite a bit of backend maintenance recently, guessing that is EG7's influence. They are probably trying to sort out the systems with H1Z1 and finding them intertwined with the other games so we have to endure extra maintenance.
    Will have to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Seems like people that actually play the game debunked quite a few points.
    I haven't logged into it so I don't know the actual situation, not really into PVP, although I did like battlegrounds in ToV.

13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So, Dreamweaver is leaving. Good for him!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  14. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Considering the circumstances, he was doing a great job. I don't envy the work his replacement will have to adapt to some of the team's... idiosyncrasies.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Extremely tough loss for the company. I dont think they can find anyone as good as Dreamweaver with the current state of affairs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree that Dreamweaver did his best with the circumstances he was handed. Having said that, as some one else on the forums said, "and so it begins."

Also, as to the Tarinax server, the game doesn't have the population any more to successfully support multiple servers. I do not think any of the servers will ever attain a heavy load again. Even reaching a medium load is rare now.

They keep making decisions while having their heads in the sand and it will always be the same outcome.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well, I wonder where his next job is, he "said" it wasn't blizzard.
    They will be hard pressed to find another decent Community Manager.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, as of this morning, there were 66 responses to his announcement.

Seems all the game's remaining customers took time to offer thanks and well wishes.

I believe that's the first time I've witnessed such a outpouring of love for an EQ2 CM.

Usually, It's along the lines of, "Thanks for leaving,!"

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Some notable names missing from the list though, did you notice?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Given my total aversion to all things PVP I haven't been anywhere near it to verify for myself. I was just amused at the speed with which the 'doom and gloom end of the world' posts started :)

• Agree Agree x 2