1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Daybreak Games and Outages this weekend

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Dear Daybreak,

I am unsure of how many of you read these forums, but if you do, I have a polite suggestion for you.

Please separate out your login systems for each game. I think it is called platform, but to be honest, I am unsure, as this weekend even logging in through the "back door" by using only everquest2.exe to bypass the launcher issues still had login problems.

I know that there was a big H1Z1 marketing push on recently, and it appears that it was successful in driving customers to use your systems. However, there were some Twitch promoted channels that could not get in to the game. Also, there were a number of other properties (read as, all of them) that were having lag and login issues above and beyond the normal DDoS issues.

It is not a good thing for your company to have #theybreakgames trending on Twitter.

It is not a good thing for your company to have these posts be the most recent communications from the official channels.

[​IMG]

Killing yourself with success is a great thing long term, but only if you learn from the mistakes and build in solutions to deal with the problems.

At this point, if I was a Daybreak Games Executive, I would be going through the five why's of issue remediation, asking for RCA's and going outside the company for other solutions, as it seems like whatever has been done in the past is not working.

Thanks, and good luck.

Inire

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2