1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting is well and truely ****** in BoL

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

If I were to list the number of things this has applied to with Daybreak, we'd be here until New Year's 2021.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Sadly they have emitted another steaming pile.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

That is what they do best at these days!

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Dey Break Games.

They can hate that all they want, they stop earning it, they'll stop hearing it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Siggy is not happy at all with the current crafting situation. Everything is not fine, and even stranger is that I've liked quite a few of her posts.
    It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, it's very scary finding myself agreeing with Siggy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I noticed not a peep was mentioned about tradeskilling in Friday's update notes, nor anywhere else.

Seems they've managed to piss virtually everyone off this year. Tradeskilling, itemization, progression, bugs - All of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Well the way they've broken crafting this year pretty much affects everyone well before you start to look into the adventure content problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

It's almost like losing your only crafting developer and not replacing, mean while dumping the itemisation for it on an already sinking ship was not a good idea...

Can it really be that hard to make gear somewhat progressive?

Handcrafted
    Quest Lines
    Solo Zones
    Mastercrafted
    Heroic
    T1 Raid
    HM Heroic
    T2 Raid
    T3 Raid
    etc.

It's not like they don't have thousands of potency on each item to work with...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Its not rocket science, when you have players offering to help solve that problem on the 'special' servers a year or so ago. But to DBG, it is rocket science. All they seem to be able to do is counting the money that they get from the players and complain its not enough and why is the amount dwindling YET again!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

There's no humility anymore. Any problem is the player's fault or will be addressed eventually so stop bothering us.

When players offered to help, devs became extremely angry. I guess they feel threatened? Jobs like graphic design, software programming, animation, etc. are fairly easy to define. But game design? maybe there's a fear that if they let someone outside the club have any input into game design, they'll be on the unemployment line next week?

Even today, game design is hard to define. It's part dungeon master, part creative writing, part Excel sheet wrangling, part LUA scripter. It's not one specialized training track but a little bit of everything. Some of Daybreak's designers got promoted from customer service.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  12. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

As long as the code compile it is good for DBGs standards... so even if they took help from their player base the code can't be more buggy then it is at the moment.

13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You are wrong, Sir! Wrong!!

In touching on why the game is growing again, Longdale specifically talked about the team's focus on humility and transparency.

P.S. I know some of you probably feel I'm being too harsh when I accuse Longdale of flat-out lying.

But seriously, now that you have seen what the expac looks like and how things have been handled, go back and read the transcript of this interview from Oct.

90% of what she said was absolutely dishonest, and there is zero chance she wasn't willfully lying in order to pump pre-order sales.

It was one thing to read this thing in Oct, reading it now is the best entertainment they've put out in years. Seriously, they ought to just go into maint. mode and let Longdale do more marketing and PR.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Episode 7 – Interview with Holly Longdale

P.P.S. Chrol has actually been pretty friendly and responsive this year. Ttobey and the rest of the art folks, they did a great job as always. Kaitheel - good dude.

Gninja has chimed in a few times to be defensive. Better than nothing.

And yet despite all this positive behavior, the golden triad of Kander, Caith, and Windstalker have ensured DBG's glorious tradition of causining cudtomers to feel they've been had.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Pretty much sums up the EQ2 team. Kind of sad because Caith used to be far more open/responsive before he had all the **** dumped on him during layoffs #1, 2, 3, 4 and #5

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Feldon

16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Interesting... most of them are showing up properly in game now... that problem was bugged during beta. That's some serious... gymnastics... to make it appear properly in game and yet busted in census.

17. Feldon

I think the resulting item names were fixed, but not the recipe names. I have an idea on how to fix it.

18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

/headdesk
    mmm.. Can I use a specific person's head for that?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Feldon

Got 1,797 of the 2,181 Spell/CA recipe names straightened out in the database. The other 384 haven't been discovered so that's taking some manual entry. Getting these right is essential for the Character Spell/CA Upgrade Buttons to work.

P.S. Spell/CA recipe names will still show wrong when viewing the actual Recipe Book items until a dev fixes that.

20. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

What a pain in the rear.

• Agree Agree x 2