1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Correct / Filter faulty achievements?

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Raenius, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Raenius

Raenius New Member

There are quite some achievements on characters listed which aren`t ingame anymore or which didn`t update properly.

I know census data comes from Daybreaks side and updates automatically, but could it be possible to actually correct/filter faulty achievements?

Achievements that won`t update properly (still shown as not completed altho they are)
    - Raids -> Altar of Malice -> Defeating the Primordial Ritualist Villandre V`Zher
    - Raids -> Chains of Eternity -> Death Raider
    - Raids -> Kingdom of Sky -> Flawless Victory: Fabled Cruor Alluvium
    - Raids -> Kingdom of Sky -> Victory: Fabled Cruor Alluvium
    - Triumphs -> Altar of Malice -> Foremost Malice Raider

Achievements that got removed at some point, but are still shown
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless: Governor of War (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless: Mistress of Rage (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless: Beholder of Battle (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Shorthanded: Governor of War (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Shorthanded: Mistress of Rage (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Shorthanded: Beholder of Battle (Avatar)
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless: Master Deynka Packlasher`s Demise
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless: Warmaster Korok Hai`s Demise
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Shorthanded: Master Deynka Packlasher`s Demise
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Shorthanded: Warmaster Korok Hai`s Demise
    - Raids -> Destiny of Velious -> Story Time with Tserrina!
    - Triumphs -> Destiny of Velious -> Destiny of Velious Overachiever
    - Triumphs -> Destiny of Velious -> Flawless Victory: Drunder

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The first batch would be up to getting Gninja to fix them.

As to the second batch, here's my results when polling Census:

<achievement name="Flawless: Governor of War (Avatar)" id="576934310"/> - 9
    <achievement name="Flawless: Mistress of Rage (Avatar)" id="971134722"/> - 17
    <achievement name="Flawless: Beholder of Battle (Avatar)" id="1456953175"/> - 42

<achievement name="Shorthanded: Governor of War (Avatar)" id="1975493647"/> - 6
    <achievement name="Shorthanded: Mistress of Rage (Avatar)" id="1730889112"/> - 20
    <achievement name="Shorthanded: Beholder of Battle (Avatar)" id="1542417807"/> - 23

<achievement name="Flawless: Warmaster Deynka Packlasher's Demise" id="2086391516"> - 817
    <achievement name="Flawless: Warmaster Korok Hai's Demise" id="3497801565"> - 595
    <achievement name="Shorthanded: Warmaster Deynka Packlasher's Demise" id="4203017891"> - 1,566
    <achievement name="Shorthanded: Warmaster Korok Hai's Demise" id="1944634138"> - 1,263

<achievement name="Story Time with Tserrina!" id="2677834962"> - 10,135
    <achievement name="Story Time with Tserrina!" id="2694151932"> - 16,713
    <achievement name="Shorthanded: Story Time with Tserrina!" id="3807807125"> - 27,279

<achievement name="Destiny of Velious Overachiever" id="1869247052"> - 321
    <achievement name="Destiny of Velious Overachiever" id="3084006985"> - 3,740
    <achievement name="Flawless Victory: Drunder" id="185766914"> - 0

I'm guessing the first "Story Time with Tserrina!" and first "Destiny of Velious Overachiever" achievements are old versions which got replaced with more reliable Achievement code. "Flawless Victory: Drunder" is obviously bugged.

Thoughts on the rest?

3. Raenius

Raenius New Member

I have re-checked them all again.

All flawless and shorthanded avatar achievements (Hounds of War) were borked once they shoved the kills from Destiny of Velious category into the Avatars-category.
    It seems they were removed as intended, but census still shows them as uncompleted.

Flawless / Shorthanded Packlasher and Warmaster Korok Hai were wrong - I guess people could obtain them when they cleared those Heroic Drunder-Zones with them shortly after release - but they were removed at a later stage since flawless + shorthanded on heroic content is uncommon.
    Census, again, still shows them as uncompleted.

I do have one Story-Time with Tserrina and the shorthanded one completed, it seems you are right when you say there seem to be old versions shown on census, again as uncompleted.

Same goes for Destiny of Velious overachiever - I got one version completed - another one seems to be shown on census as uncompleted.

That Flawless Victory: Drunder is not ingame - still shown on census as uncompleted - hence, as you said: missing entirely.

4. Raenius

Raenius New Member

Will you contact Gninja regarding this - or should I try (again)? :)

5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for triple-checking all those Achievements. The way EQ2U works is, any time we find an Achievement on a character that was not previously in our DB, we add it. Except for the initial data load and another reload about 2 years ago, all the Achievements on EQ2U are due to characters who actually had them. I suppose the ideal scenario would be to mark some of these as no longer acquirable, but still show them for characters that managed to complete them. That way you aren't constantly seeing them on your Achievements list as a To Do item.

I think you sending a PM to him would be as or more effective than me sending him a message. Or you can try posting here here again. Maybe now that the expac is out there is some time to look at these things...
    Broken Achievement Reporting | Page 13 | EverQuest 2 Forums