1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Client changing spell numbers in the UI.

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Mystara, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Mystara

Mystara Guest

I was working on a UI modification of the Targeting Tag window which added some buttons to cast various tradeskill prestige abilities (summon workbenches, harvesters, etc.)

Some of the spells worked just fine, but others were shaded out as if disabled. When I investigated the problem in game, I found out that the client had made the change ActionData="spell 2147483647". This number isn't a spell, but rather an icon designation.

What would cause the client to arbitrarily make this change?

I did find a workaround, but the end result is that all of the buttons appear to be disabled even though they work correctly.

If anyone is interested I can post the XML that I am using. I have used the UI Builder, but find it lacking in user friendliness. Instead I usually directly edit the XML myself.

2. Mystara

Mystara Guest

It's been several days and i haven't received a reply for this. It would appear that this isn't the right place for this type of issue. I posted this here because a CSR recommended that I do so. If you need more information to be able to assist me, please ask and I will provide it.

3. Feldon

Feldon Guest

It's really more an EQ2 UI thing, but there was a chance an EQ2 Census user would know.

You can try searching here:
    http://eq2interface.com/

or post on the official EQ2 forums:
    forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php