1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Search on Different Servers

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Tabbyclouds, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Tabbyclouds

Tabbyclouds New Member

Following the news that Stormhold is going to be merged with AB or we will be able to transfer to server of our choice, I have been doing some research on the different servers.

I started to check names with the Character search option on here, but I found it did not always match up to the characters that I can make or add to my friends list once in the game.

For example, one of my characters has a unique name on EQ2wire - no other characters on any server but Stormhold. But when entering AB or and Skyfire it either wouldn't let me make a character with that name, or with a different character it added them to my friends list.

Does the EQ2 wire character search only go back to a certain date and this means these characters haven't played for a long time maybe?

Any help would be appreciated while I research/quest for a new server :(

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It goes back to October 2011.

3. Tabbyclouds

Tabbyclouds New Member

ok fab, thank you, that works one way, but why would it not be showing characters on there and then when I try to make a character it says name already taken or adds in to my friends list?

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Opted out characters?

5. Tabbyclouds

Tabbyclouds New Member

ok thank you :)