1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Casual player just enjoying himself

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CasualEQer, Feb 28, 2018.

1. CasualEQer

CasualEQer Guest

What seems like a very long time ago, I spent way too much time gleefully exploring Norrath via EQ and EQ2... then my kids came of the age in which I wanted to give them my undivided attention and I gladly walked away from the keyboard. A few years passed, and now they are in college and I have a bit more free time on my hands. So... I checked to see if my account still worked, and surprisingly it did.

I saw that there was an option to go straight to 100, but that wasn't for me. I am a quester who really enjoys taking his time and working out the quest lines... because, well, it's fun to me. The introduction of mercs has made it possible to solo quests that I couldn't in the past (maybe because I sucked, but I'm good with that!).

So, here is what I am looking for.
    • Suggestions as to how best to grow mid-level characters higher (I have a handful in the 40's to 80's) and what resources exist to show me how
    • I'd like to join a guild on Maj'Dul that is casual and fun... because while I solo a lot, the occasional teaming would be a blast as well... and I always feel weird just getting all of these Status Points I can't ever use.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Leveling and soloing won't be a problem until you get to the ToT content. Updated loot tables and mercs make it pretty easy.

There is a wiki page which lists zones and instances by level. Just Google it.

Lots of guilds on Maj'Dul. I was a member of Vantagez, and while most of my friends have stopped playing, there are still lots of nice peeps in the guild. They have regular raids but gladly accept casuals as well.

3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

This guide from ZAM is still relevant and it does work however you have to remember to move on to the next zone when you reach the correct level and abandon any quests you have not completed.

The Golden Path

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Roger_Goldie_Timeline/The_Golden_Path

and;

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Soloing_Timeline

I spent a lot of time up in the Great Divide/Eastern Waste and did the Othimir quest line which I enjoyed. I did Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plain, Vesspyr Isles and Alter of Malice signature line after that followed by Terrors of Thalumbra. Some of these timelines had significance for Epic 1/2 not sure now as to the recent changes to the Epic 2 requirements.

If you are a crafter then you need to use these resources to follow the various crafting timelines and signature quests -

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline

and

EQ2 Traders Corner