1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Careers at Daybreak!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Some interesting positions open at Daybreak right now.
    • Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
    • Project Manager - EverQuest
    • Chief Infrastructure Officer
    • Accounting Manager
    • Head of Game Data Analytics
    Those are some key positions to have vacant. Also, Project Manager for EQ... isn't that Holly's job? I know Lauren is running EQ2 these days. What's Holly doing? And Head of Game Data Analytics... I guess logging scripts written in Perl 8 years ago aren't cutting it anymore?

Meanwhile EQ2 still doesn't have a lead programmer.

Also... 4 positions for Core Tech. Is that what we're calling Forge Light now?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

upload_2017-11-8_13-52-10.png

I still get the itch!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Feldon

They make a cream for that now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nolus

Nolus Member

I don't really know anymore. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xakrein

Xakrein Member

"Careers at Daybreak" - An unintended oxymoron?

6. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Per LinkedIn, Holly's title is Executive Producer of the EverQuest Franchise... whatever that actually means.

7. Dedith

Dedith New Member

From my understanding when I asked.. Holly is over the entire EQ Franchise, where Lauren is over EQ2 specifically. So a Project Manager for EQ opening doesn't sound like either Holly or Lauren are moving on just yet.

8. Feldon

There just doesn't seem to be room for an Executive Producer over EQ and EQ2 if there are already producers over each game. The only reason they could justify that for Georgeson was when he was shepherding EQNext and Landmark. Maybe Holly is working on EQ3?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Or maybe LoN2???

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm sure Holly is working on another project(s). I'd be really surprised if is an EQ label though. In fact, I'd be really surprised if its and MMORPG. I just think she's setting things up so she can transition into something else while these games whither away. Could speculate all we want about this, but, meh...Only Holly and DBG knows.

They'll hire someone to manage EQ till it bites it. Prolly gonna be another youngster, because no experienced producer or lead designer is is gonna touch something like that with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'd really like to know what project Domino is working on these days. One thing about her, she does things right. I have no doubt that any new project she's involved with has a lot of promise.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Basically means she's in charge of cost and revenue strategy for the eq franchise (I would guess) i.e the suit in charge of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Feldon

She's fantastic at implementation, followthrough, and player communication including setting expectations. She's at Bioware. I'm not sure what title she is working on though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ah. Good for her. The company that Smed wanted to be.

They've had their foibles here and there, but always recover well because they are a great company.

Really happy for her.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I really miss Domino, but I am happy for her also. The EQ2 crafting community owes her much.

• Agree Agree x 5