1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

c:sort is not working for me

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Courgan, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Courgan

Courgan New Member

Happy new year guys, I'm playing around with this census stuff since a couple of days and I must confess that I have no clue but I'm doin this just for fun for my 11 toons on Thurgadin Server.
    Anyway...I have two questions:

Why is c:sort not working in the following query?
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/xml...ells(level,name,tier_name,tier)&c:sort=tier:1

And second, where are all the lvl110 or 120 tradeskill quests? Like Scriveners Tale questline etc.
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/xm...:quest_detail^show:name'level'is_tradeskill=1

Thx for helping out a newbie :)

Courgan

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Welcome! Happy to help on Census questions.

C:sort affects the order of Census search results. It does not affect the contents of returned data. There is no way to reshuffle data within a returned result set. Most folks using Census have taught ourselves some kind of rudimentary programming in PHP, Javascript, VB.NET, etc. so we can shuffle the data around to what we need, and to display it in cool ways.

People have asked me over the years to write a Census-to-Excel tool. There are numerous situations where such a tool would fail. But maybe I should reconsider it. Something about perfect being the enemy of the good.

Quest exports in EQ2 Census were setup so that expansion quests could be hidden/blocked from exporting until a few weeks after that expansion's release. This was a compromise to ensure no "spoilers" or head starts. For example all quests with a filepath (Yes all EQ2 data is in xml files) including "exp14" could be blocked until a few weeks after expansion 14 is released.

For... reasons... when the EQ2 team started working on Kunark Ascending, rather than putting their Epic Weapon 2.0 quests in the appropriate exp13 folder, they put them in the exp08 folder. I alerted Kander that some of these quests were leaking into Census and he flipped his lid. Even though none of us captured this data or did anything with it, he had platform hand-remove the data from Census and had the code side add more rigorous code to block any future quest data from being exported. Eventually there was 1 more export, but that's pretty much it.

Most of the expansion-specific quests of the last 3 years are missing from Census and for EQ2U, with the help of players, we have had to painstakingly recreate this data manually. Extremely frustrating and so unnecessary as quests are usually documented within 2 days of the expansion launch on EQ2 Wikia.

TL;DR: When Epic Weapon 2.0 were in development, some of the quests leaked into Census. Even though we were extremely responsible, destroyed all copies, and reported it immediately to Kander, he flipped out and blocked pretty much all future expansion quest data from being published.

3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I've come to the conclusion recently to never report over powered class abilities, DPG don't balance it, they just take a sledge hammer to it and make the class completely useless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Which I would say would discourage people from reporting in the future.
    Why Report something when if you do it will be in a worse situation than before you reported it.

5. Courgan

Courgan New Member

Thank you very much for your time!
    Can you please give me an example where you use c:sort? I'm just curious ;)

Regarding the missing quests... thats a shame. Makes no sense that daybreak holds back that data. What could possible happen except nothing. But OK, it's their business.

Again thx a lot for your time

Courgan