1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

There are other races as well, not just the cat-people.

All good, if it's not for you, it's best to move on. I'm enjoying it so will keep playing it, along with SWTOR.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

There are other races than miqo'te, though!

Lalafel are just... evil. Seriously, they are mean.

I have did the search thing to remove all traces of EQ2 from my computer I can find, and somehow folders keep showing back up. So I'm guessing there's something hidden somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, didn't I see a little rabbit girl?

Come on Zynt. Reinstall the game and roll a little rabbit girl beserker or something.

Put that little sailor outfit on that Tekka has on her toon (including the flower).

"Fluffles the Beserker." I like it (for you)!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I read up on this a few years ago. Apparently it has something to do with the Sony spyware garbage. Many of their games embed themselves into places on your computer that you cannot simply remove. I have no idea how true that is, but I have artifacts of SOE stuff on my computer still that I haven't played in years and I cannot get rid of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

There's the 'normal' 7am hour downtime (without a patch this week) tomorrow.
    There is ALSO a 30 minute downtime at 10am tomorrow.

o_O

• Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I got tired of reinstalling the game, the UI, and the whole set-up everytime I upgraded my computer.

So, the last time I fully installed the game (6 years ago), the Fuli put it on a $20 flash drive.

You know what? The game ran no differently, and, the little bastard game is setting in a drawer somewhere so it can't annoy me.

I should probably just throw it away. Dunno why I haven't.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I don't install the game, I just plonk it in a folder of my choice and run the Launchpad and it is happy.

I just delete the folder if I don't want it on my PC.

The Sony root kit was part of their CD's to stop pirating. From what I understand it wasn't part of their games.

If it is coming back, probably the way you installed it, maybe the web installer might do something in the backround, I dunno, never ran into the issue.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Of course there are other races. You don't have to be a catboy. You could always be a catman! FFXIVCatman.png

• Like x 2
    • Fishy x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Appreciation x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Everyone deserves to have some flesh to feast their eyes upon.

You're welcome.

furry1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

OGOD IT BURNS!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'm just f'ing with y'all. Some of you have some "tendencies" rising up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Stop staring at my tendencies. I'm very sensitive. -sniffles-

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I didn't want to say it....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Everything is relative. Even Bubble Gnomery.

/duck

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Well. THAT took a turn.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

That's why I've never re-installed the game. I installed it off the DVD back in 2004 and since then I've just copied the folder from machine to machine and manually set up shortcuts. There's far too much customisation in my setup to have to redo for every new machine.

17. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

You can add now bi-monthly Raid Content (challenge Mode) updates to the patches. Gninja released the schedule for Challenge Mode Mobs /Zones and its stretched over some weeks till May.

On a side note - Kander "teased" us with an "Overseer" GU on Discord. I wonder if we see some love for the crafting community and some questlines for casual/solo player. That might be a gamebreaker about how many player leave the game soon.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Provided they actually DO something significant, and not just promise that it's Coming Soon.

To be honest, given their track record (the only legit indicator we have), I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Both Kander and Longdale have shown they're more than willing to string players along with "teases" that turn out to be massively underwhelming. For example, see "A Note From Kander."

I hope they do make significant improvements, but with those two, you literally have to "see it to believe it."

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

We all know they're not going to. They honestly repulse me, it's like they're trying to destroy the game, and if that's their intention they're doing a really good job.
    Longdale needs to retire now, she must be at least 70. I wish Scott Hartsman would come back, [insert heart emoji] Rift seems to of turned to rubbish.

And I think, what if that's not their aim to destroy EQ2 as we know it? Wtf are they doing? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that there's barely anyone on now. Not even the trolls are posting in channel chat, the zones are empty, I did my weeklies 'kill 5 bad guys' in 10 minutes without any competition.

I wish all the people that are no longer logging in because it's as boring as bats piss would cancel their subs. I think most EQ2 players keep their subs up even while they're not playing. I'm not one of them, I can't remember the last time I paid real $ for a sub, I pay with plat.

And as much as I love Kaitheel, I wish he'd get out of there now. Surely they are the industries laughing stock? I mean, what have they got right this last expansion? Anything at all? And worst of all they don't seem to give a crap.

Are they really that arrogant that they think they're still doing a good job? Wtf is wrong with them. I just don't get it.

Ok rant off, but I'm still so angry they're ruining MY GAME.

Oh but hey, I got around 30 disco's with EoF stuff hahaha ... a few world firsts. Not that anyone cares but me :rolleyes: .... yep, new expansion and I'm playing in EoF on live. Good times.

Oh and is Wulfgyr in here? cause I'm a little bit in love with them.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1