1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

API Change: Image URL Syntax

Discussion in 'Census: Developer Announcements' started by DanKinney, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

As of December 13th, we are changing the URL syntax for accessing images from the API.  The net change is that you no longer have to include a "-id" in the URL.  

The pattern is...

Code:
    /img/{game}/{collection}/{itemInCollection}/{category}[/{itemInCategory}]
    Each item within a collection can have a number of "attachements" - usually an image, but can be any file.  For games that support many attachments, there can also be a category and items within each category.  The category and the ID for items within each category is game-specific.

EverQuest II has an category for paperdoll, headshot, housethumb and petpaperdoll.  The itemInCategory is used only if there is more than one item in the category.  There is only one paperdoll, but there could be multiple housethumb attachments.

This has been updated in the main post.

-dan

2. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Whenever we make a change to the API, the existing API conventions will stay in place for a short time to allow for each customer of the API to make changes.  We are still working on a mechanism to notify applications of these changes.

-dan

3. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

So if the old format was this:

census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons-id/36/class/

census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons-id/1083/item/

I should now use this:

census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/36/class/

census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/1083/item/

Right?

Also, for API change notifications, you could set up topic on here that only SOE folks can post in.  Then have those of us interested in receiving notifications click the "watch this topic" link at the bottom.  Then when updates are made to that topic, we should get an email notification.  

4. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Yes (confirming format changes) 

and

Yes (I can setup a topic for changes)

-dan

5. Stado

Stado Guest

I understand how to get adventurer classid. Is there a way to get Tradeskill ID?

<type raceid="13" race="Ratonga" level="XX" gender="male" deity="Bristlebane" classid="40" class="assassin" birthdate_utc="1152418676" alignment="2"/>

-<tradeskills>

<tradeskill level="90" class="carpenter"/>

</tradeskills>

Assassin:

[url="census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/40/class/">census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/40/class/[/url]

Carpenter:

???

6. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

This will be *much* easier after we push the change next week.

Instead of...

<tradeskills>    <tradeskill level="90" class="carpenter"/></tradeskills>

...you will be getting...

<tradeskills>    <carpenter level="90" /></tradeskills>

To enumerate the classes, you'll just need to look at the children of <tradeskills>

To get the class ID of this class ("carpenter" in this case), you can pull the constants for the game from...

census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/constants/

...which lists them.  Look for <tradeskillclasses>.

-dan

7. Stado

Stado Guest

ok.. Now how do I get the image?

[url="census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/item/">census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/item/[/url] (a sword - not correct)

[url="census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/class/">census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/class/[/url] (error - not correct)

[url="census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/tradeskillclass/">census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5...radeskillclass/[/url] (error)

tried a bunch more.. lol..

8. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Which image are you looking for?  The tradeskill icon?

-dan

9. Stado

Stado Guest

yes. Carpenter id is 5 (shown in constent page)

10. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

I'll have to check...I bet we don't have those in place for you yet.

-dan

11. Stado

Stado Guest

ahh.. ok.. I was thinking catagory was wrong. but from listed syntax..

should be something like: [url="census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5/tradeskillclass/">census.daybreakgames.com/img/eq2/icons/5...radeskillclass/[/url]

Dont seem to see race icons either..