1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

A simple way to improve player experience

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Semperfidelis, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I know it's been discussed before about the flickering lights in guild halls, and dungeons. So let me put a different spin on it. When you have a problem with flickering light and you enter a dungeon such as Torden, all the special care you've taken to make sure your screen refresh rate is 75Mhz or higher gets totally thrown away. This leads to symptoms like physical pain and early fatigue for people. A significant portion of players have Firbro, ME/CFS and/or migraines, to say nothing of the many who just have epileptic sensitivity to strobe lights. Strobes make us crabby and irritable.

To instantly reduce the toxicity of online conversation by those who are easily affected by painful light patterns.. please give us a checkbox to stop the flickers. At this point all I can do is make the game look terrible by cutting off all but one source of light. So if the idea is to make the game look good, it might be better to let us turn off the flickering than to let us mess up the quality by turning the lights off.

A lot of the reason why one day I seem burned out and another day I seem like I'm tolerating the grinds just fine is probably because I'm at varying levels of irritability due to being sick. But I just entered Torden (today's daily) and I was instantly going to the Options to turn all the lights off. Ouch.

I also made myself a note saying "irritable due to lights, suspend online discussions" - honestly have to do that because I know how it affects me.

• Like Like x 2