1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2U Character Signatures

Discussion in 'Announcements & Forum Support' started by Neverlands, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Neverlands

Neverlands New Member

Hello,
    the signature images aren't displayed anymore when putting the BBCode into our phpBB-forum signatures.
    When trying to directly open e.g. https://u.eq2wire.com/sig/show/1292786309769 in the browser's address bar, the following error is shown:

Errors: 77 error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: \etc\ssl\ca-root.pem CApath: none
    Failed to open sig site.

Is there any solution for this?

2. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I can confirm. Looks like these signatures are not working. When trying to view it directly, I also get the 77 error. I haven't noticed it since I generate my own and it's hosted on my site. In the dialog where you pick the image type, where the signature would be is just a grey box with the broken image icon.

3. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

They seem to be working again.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I believe I have corrected the problem. Thanks!

5. Neverlands

Neverlands New Member

Thank you for the quick solution!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lyhtande

Lyhtande New Member

Hello,
    we have new issues with EQ2Wire's signatures. The signature images aren't displayed anymore when putting the BBCode into our phpBB-forum signatures.
    When trying to directly open e.g. https://u.eq2wire.com/sig/show/1292786309769/ in the browser's address bar, the following error is shown:
    404 Page Not Found. The page you requested was not found.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  7. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Yeah, Feldon knows they aren't working. Some kind of security issue after moving webhosts or something. Mine still shows since it's on my own website.

8. Feldon

EQ2U signatures are currently down. Plan to fix this in the next few days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Feldon

Ugh. Soon!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lyhtande

Lyhtande New Member

Hello Feldon, do you have any news about this?

11. Feldon

After some work, EQ2U signatures are now working again. Please let me know if you experience any issues!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Sig files don't seem to be updating correctly even when characters are?
    I hit 100 on my Test warden nearly a week ago and I just noticed today that the sig file on the reference page I keep still says level 89. I checked the character page itself and that has updated fine ( Rowenash [100 Warden] - Test - EQ2U - Character Details ) but if you click the sig link on that page the preview comes up as 89. So it looks like it is in the sig code and not the code on my reference page.

I checked back and this toon hit level 90 back on 3rd of Feb so it looks like it's been broken that long and that was back when this thread was started and they were totally broken. I haven't been actively levelling any other toons lately but if you need more data I could go through and see if any more are out of whack. Just let me know.

13. Feldon

I just went and looked at your sig and saw level 100. I think our caching timeout is probably way too long. February wow. I will adjust it.

14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Thanks Feldon. I dinged one from 91 to 92 late last night and noticed that both the character profile and the sig updated corrextly immediately on log out so I checked the level 100 and found it was now correct also. February, yeah. But it took me this long to notice. Maybe you should adjust my cache too ... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Been checking this periodically and that sig finally updated itself in the last couple of hours.