1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

German looking for EU server

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Nyska, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Nyska

Nyska New Member

Hi there!

I'm an oldschool who is just returning. I played EQ2 almost from the beginning and was in the leading raid guild on the German server 'Innovation' for quite a while, but stopped playing after our resolution. So I know the gameplay up to lvl 80/90, nothing after that. ^^

Every few years I visit the game again, currently with a new account from 2017 - don't have access to my old account, long story - & I wondered why there are only US servers left. Heard that the German servers were merged into a new one called 'Thurgadin', but this is not suggested to me during the character creation.

I would love to run around on an European server (German-speaking guild would be amazing). At the moment I play quite lonely cause in the time zone of my current server everyone is asleep when I'm online. >.>

Greetings,
    Nyska
    (Antonia Bayle)

2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

If you want to get to Thurgadin you need to change your server region in the launcher. US english is the default region, click that in the top left of the launcher and change it to EU english on the dropdown. Hit 'apply' and it will patch you over to Thurgadin which will be the only server to choose when you create a character in that region.

3. Nyska

Nyska New Member

Hell yeah, that worked - thank you. :)
    Obviously there I have another 7 character slots.
    If I purchase now a Server Transfer Token, I assume I'd be able to move the Character from Antonia Bayle to Thurgadin?

4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

As long as you have an empty slot to move it into, yes. Otherwise you'd have to either delete a toon or add a slot before you transfer.

Oh and a helpful hint if you're going to play on Thurgadin. When it comes to patch day Thurgadin will usually want to patch around 2GB. Flip it back to US english and let it patch from there which is usually a couple of hundred mb. Then flip it back which will repatch about 4 tiny files and it's good to go.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  5. Nyska

Nyska New Member

Wtf! o_O
    Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. :)