1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Where did everybody go off to?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pixistik, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

Just popping in to say hey.. where did everyone go?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I wonder this too.

3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I check from time to time.
    Just haven't posted anything recently.

4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Likewise. There really hasn't been anything postworthy gamewise :(

5. Feldon

Seeing the numbers from the Enad Global 7 buyout where EQ2 is less than 1/3 the customers of EQ, I feel vindicated. Not that it helps anyone.

6. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

I still putter around Norath from time to time on Varsoon, I was enjoying it till they put the daily quest thing in and it changed the game. I quit live when they put restrictions on the broker.
    I have been playing World of tanks off and on but I am looking for something else now.
    Any suggestions?

7. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I was considering buying the new expansion because I actually liked VoV but apparently they're bringing everyone's favorite feature back... Ascensions. Extremely low chance I buy the new expansion now, ascensions were such trash I was honestly hoping they'd just flat out remove them.

I assume Varsoon is getting close to KoS? I might go back for that but honestly I think I'd rather just play GW2 or FF14 at this point.

8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'm out of EQ2 for good, but you knew that. I've mostly been wandering around post-apocalyptic West Virginia in Fallout 76, partly because it's actually pretty good now, and partly because my aging computer still handles it well.

Honestly...after a while there's just nothing left to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

There really isnt a whole lot to talk about with EQ2.

They reuse assets, the same abilities and the game has not had a unique features added for half a decade. The only thing that changes is the inflated numbers and pixels you kill, but even the pixel reuse the same combat mechanics we have seen the last 20 years.

So yeah, even discussing the game is kinda mood as there is nothing new to discuss.

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I still play, but due to being busy this year, have been unable to group due to gear disparity and other players not wanting to "carry" someone until they get better gear.
    Been ejected from a few groups this year due to low dps / low gear.

11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I often drop by the eq2wire forums but there are few new posts and I don't have anything much to post about either.
    I don't play EQ1 or 2 anymore and the clients are long ago uninstalled so I don't have any commentary to add about the current state of the game.

I mostly play warframes, dabble in ESO, played a bit of Fallout 76 but haven't really stuck at any MMO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The transformation of EQ2 from a beautiful and expansive mmorpg into a minimally entertaining p2w piece of crap speaks for itself.

There is nothing interesting to talk about, nor is there any hope for future improvement. I'm just waiting for AOC to launch. Other than that, not playing anything atm.

13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been playing and GMing pathfinder 2e games online for a while now.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

*Waves to everyone*

Hiya, still here but lurk more than anything. Have been playing FF14 fairly regularly, but have reached a point where I'm a bit tired of all the forced duties to progress the story, so have just cancelled my sub for a while. I was playing SWTOR pretty regularly until 7.0 hit in February, and was so annoyed at the drastic and unnecessary nerfs, broken classes, and next to no new content (for what was supposed to be the 10th anniversary expansion), that I unsubbed and uninstalled - will never go back to that again.

I've given my brother my main EQ2 account because he still raids and needs the heart-bound buff (bound to one of my characters), and although I still have access to it, I'm puttering around on one of my alt accounts. Still enjoy the low-level game. My highest-level character is 56 and that's ok.

Edit: And yes, I'm still geographically challenged :eek:;):D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Feldon

I've been playing Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy 7 Remake Pt 1 that is!

Rather than rush through it once and then come back for all the things I missed, I've been doing all the side quests, the weapon training, getting all my summons mastered out, etc. I did miss some music CDs in earlier chapters but I am hoping to be like ~95% when I finish. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

What's up everyone! I don't pop in here or the official forums much because there really isn't anything noteworthy to discuss. I picked up a new hobby in collecting Pokemon cards with my kids, and I have been enjoying that quite a lot. Haven't played many games lately. Really just re-runs of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, and I am slowly working my way through Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (which I would fully recommend). Be well all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I only check here once every few months now. I poke around EQ from time to time for nostalgia sake, but I haven't taken a look at EQ2 stuff in probably close to a year. Norrath is a write off for me at this point and has been for Grinner for quite some time.

Grinner and I have been mostly playing CoH on the Homecoming servers when we're in the mood for it until recently when we decided to give FFXIV another try. Otherwise it's been a lot of other interest and non-MMO games keeping us busy. We're kind of sick of the companies failing/abusing the players as well as the political/social climate online. That's not to say there aren't still playable games out there with acceptable communities, there are. We're just both kind of done even if we secretly hope something will come along to reignite our passions for the genre. Burnout is probably not even the right term for it. Fed up is closer.

Even if something miraculous happened I can't imagine a plausible scenario where we return to EQ2 at this point.

It is what is is. Things happen and people move on.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I haven't played EQ2 in 3 years maybe? I don't remember honestly. Quit playing EQ1 for the 23rd time about 2 years ago. Played Path of Exile for a bit but no depth and not **** to do but kill stuff. Uninstalled and haven't looked back in 2 years. Played Valheim and love it but I played solo and used /devcommands so I could just build stuff. Been playing ESO for maybe 20 months give or take, daily, and I enjoy it very much most of the time. There's a enough random **** to do, like the EQ franchise, that I can just veg out. And it is the only game that has scratched the harvesting itch as well as EQ2. At this point I play the game to furnish my in-game homes and that is my favorite thing to do. I'm sure I'll log back into EQ1 again in a year or during an Anny event. I still talk to my favorite ex every once in a while and we split up in 2001 so I'm prone to sentimentality. I miss EQ1 more than I miss almost anything that has ever been a part of my life because so much of that game bled over into my real life as well. I still have old guildmates I talk to and get together with on occasion. I haven't raided since I left it the 1st time. Hell, I probably haven't grouped with guildies since then either. Maybe some early PoF raiding in EQ2 but they all quit too.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep and decided I'd check in and see how things were going. Glad to see the same names as last time. Y'all be good to each other. :)

19. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I didn't know where to post and i deceided to do it in this thread. For me it's different as i left Eq2 a couple of weeks ago with the end of VoV Expansion.

First of i admire some of the Devs working for EQ2 whether for their passion for this game or their communication with the player base. Hoamaru, Kaithel, TTobey and Gninja are great guys !
    Secondary i miss the people i guilded and raid with.

Here are some points as to what influended my decision to leave.

The main Theme for me is that " Not much effort is put into Expansions anymore" for quite some time. You may change "Effort" for "Resources" but the outcome is the same.

The winning formula seems to be "9-12 Zones" , 30-35 quests and some smaller Overland Zones.

Overland Zones - Not just have they been small in comparison to former ones, but they are also based on already existing ones. I was very much shocked to see that the new starting Zone Hopewell Harbour is in essence based on the one in VoV, Svarni Expanse. The same assests being used.

Back in the days you had Overland Zones and Dungeons to compliment the zones. Now you have Overland Zones used as Overland Zones, the same Zone being used for Heroic Dungeons and Raids. I always felt that as sleezy.

Dungeons - This were you spend 95, % of time because there is nothing else to do. I used to say this is like "Running in Circles" doing the same Dungeons over and over again till your eyes bleed. The red herring is always coins to buy stuff and drops. The Devs over did it in VoV. The first GU so the upgrade of Gear, as in using the same pixels and assests, upped the Resolve and called it a day. The second GU so the same thing happened. Besides drops it is collections that should players supposedly keep doing the zones over and over again. In VoV the re-used twice, meaning at the end of the expansion you would 3 times the same Necklace with some Por /Resolve upgrades and once an effect added. I thought it again to be very lazy.

The need to run dungeons over and over gain turned this game into a second job. I had not much time in the week work, Raids and Heaven forbid RL. This meant every weekend, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, looking for Groups. I always knew how the next weekend, the weekend after that and so on would look like.

I am not having a discussion as to why Dungeons were introducedwith the fist GU that only 20% of the playerbase on every server would finish. There are Pros and Cons to this discussion.

Did you notice that with the last expansions Casuals /Solo Player start to ask the question "What is next" or "Is there only the same dungeons to be run for me" usually around late January. One month into an expansion !

It seems they even went further this time around with the latest expansion judging by the threads on the eq2 forum.

Let's be honest this game has not much to offer for the cycle of an expansion unless you are into decorating and /or Raiding.

Don't get me started on "Resolve" as a form of Gear check. It's always 5 Resolve and some Pot per tier, about 12 Tiers per expansion. This is numb.

I miss the people but not the Game !

All the best and Take Care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of downloading DDO again after, I dunno, prolly 10-12 years? I know it's another "Daybreak the games I like title", but, I recall it being decent for solo play when Turbine published it and liked a lot of aspects of it, even if the crafting system was god-awful bad. Just have to see what it's like now, but I sort of have a craving to revisit the old D&D feel and piddle around. If it too has been turned into junk by Daybreak, I'll probably give Path of Exile a try.

Still mostly just waiting on AOC, and for those who are curious, linked the latest dev stream which is an Alpha 2 tank preview in the "Coffee House Forum -> Other Games". I generally play tanks and rogues, and I like how the class looks to be shaping up.

Hope y'all are enjoying life and whatever you're playing these days!

• Like Like x 1