1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Oppps.... DBG did it again...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Daaaaave, May 26, 2022.

1. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Over $100 million in EverQuest, EverQuest II, Star Wars Galaxies, and Planetside 2 income has been squandered on:
    • The Agency
    • FreeRealms
    • EverQuest Next / Landmark
    • Marvel MMO
    • what did I forget?
    DCUO is profitable. H1Z1 at one time was making serious bank but they kept changing it and lost what people liked about it and since Daybreak seems to have no version control system they can't just roll it back.

3. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

For Q1 of 2022 EG7 made a profit before tax of 24.9 million SEK (2.55 million USD at todays exchange rate).

Daybreak had a net sales of 74,9 million SEK (7.66 million USD), but Magic Onlines part of that was 20.3 million SEK (2.08 million USD). For those that did not know, Daybreak took over the license agreement of Magic The Gathering online in december 2021.

Source: Financial Reports & Presentations | EG7

Edit: That DBG would cancel the supposed Marvel title was not unexcpected. They can hardly keep their current games afloat... would taken them over ten years to even get to a beta... imho.

• Popcorn Popcorn x 1
  4. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

For Q2 of 2022 EG7 made a loss before tax of -195.6 million SEK (-18,46 million USD at todays exchange rate).

Daybreak had a net revenue of 174.7 million SEK (16,48 million USD). I cannot find any numbers in the report but my guess is that the majorety of that is from Magic The Gathering.

They did a "Marvel write off" in Q2 for 113.3 million SEK (10,69 million USD).

Source: https://www.enadglobal7.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Q2-Interim-Report-ENG.pdf

• Informative Informative x 3