1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU119 now live

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  2. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

This isn't really what people have been asking for, people wanted commas for ability and item numbers. The log information has nothing to do with that feedback and quite honestly I'm not sure why they would change that first.

Edit: Meanwhile they FINALLY added vendors for t5 and t6 advanced recipes. About 10 years late but that's a fantastic change.

3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I do. It's because they're a bunch of freaking idiots! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I haven't played in 5 years and even I know that the most important aspect of implementing this would be to display the abbreviation on-screen but not affect the log file. *headdesk* Basically, everyone who is putting out trillions of damage is going to have to leave this feature turned off because otherwise it wrecks ACT.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ichoris

Ichoris New Member

To make matters worse this isn't what people wanted. They wanted the formatted text for abilities/spells/items examine and tooltips. I never look at the log or floating combat numbers. I'm always looking to compare items and spells and what not. Pretty sure this is the same for most players.

They should have spend the limited dev time on formatted text for abilities/spells/items examine and tooltips. Which is what everyone was expecting and wanting. Then later do the floating combat numbers.

I'm sure they did it this way because it's easier and they can put it as a bullet point of 'content' and changes for the year. We all know they are not really adding much to the game. Even the expac are pretty weak IMHO.

Also as stated everyone knows many players use ACT. They dev should know this. They should have left the logs alone. Again does any human actually read them when you can use ACT and get way more information. Instead they broke ACT. I don't use ACT but I know many players use it. I'm sure ACT will patch it to fix the issue but that isn't the point.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Apparently there was a post from Kander on Discord - where half the playerbase will never see it, AGAIN! - explaining that this was the easy bit so they sent it live when it was done and the UI bits are to follow.
    Okay, I won't actually argue as I can see the validity of that. However, unlike Kander I can also see and anticipate the playerbase reaction to being promised someting, getting something different and essentially useless and not having any visual communication explaining what's going on. This is what reinforces the customer view that devs really have no clue what their customers want and need.

If I'd been Kander I might well have done this bit first but I wouldn't have bothered patching it live until the rest - and far more useful bit - was done as I'd have expected just this type of backlash. And tbh I'm not sure I'd have wasted the resource on this since nobody actually seems to be using it manually, UNLESS:
    1. Players actually asked for the changes to be extended to these areas once they got the rest OR
    2. They had to make a backend change in the database storage formats that is going to be picked up everywhere.
    The second seems unlikely though as it's not being picked up everywhere immediately and there appear to be 3 different display options available so numbers are being manipulated well after they've left the database.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well!

I agree with all the points made about GU119. Just wanted to add one other thing, although not related.

Why on earth don't they just merge the frigging servers already? Having multiple servers and server types doesn't give the appearance of a thriving game if all of them are largely empty.

I wish they would have 3 servers max:

1 - Mega Live Server
    1 - TLE Server
    1 - PVP or Event Server (let players vote on this)

Every one knows this is an old game with barely a pulse. At the very least, consider the remaining players and any possible new ones.

End of rant lol.

Sending love and hugs <3

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

DBG: "We are one of the premier raiding games in the fantasy mmorpg market. "

Also DBG: Blows up ACT because they wanted a shotcut solution to fixing the stat and systems inflation problem they continue to insist is no big deal.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Pardon me saying, this old retired raid defiler thinks he sees the real problem here.

10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I mean seriously, at what point did we go from linear to exponential to nearly logarithmic progression? No wonder the servers smoke whenever you pull a third trash mob anymore. And no wonder healing is so hard to balance they had to cheat.

Squish those numbers. Squish 'em hard.

...eh, nobody listened while I was playing, now I'm just old lizard ranting at a cloud...

• Agree Agree x 2