1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

2022 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They're providing us with a road map for the upcoming year:

Interesting Things:
    • Lore and Legend server - Appears to be a content scaling server?
    • 64 bit server-related stuff
    • Improvements to HO system
    Super Exciting Things:
    • Adding commas to combat data, combat data text wrapping
    • New season of overseers
    • Overseer inventory system
    • The 12 active players on Rivervale will now call AB home
    • New TLE server
    • Kaladim will advance past DOV
    • Seasonal events
    • Update content
    • A new expansion in the fall, complete with a prelude event and pre-order beta access
    • Improvements to the test server
    EverQuest II Roadmap 2022

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

The 64-bit server stuff sounds interesting although as a layperson I have no idea what that actually means for the game.

The new ruleset server sounds interesting as well.

Everything else seems par for the course. They more or less have followed this schedule for many years running.

And, this is going to come off as very snarky, but from reading the official forums, it looks like they completely broke mages this expac and have yet to address it. So, despite some interesting news, at the end of the day it will probably be more of the same half-baked content we are used to seeing.

3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, I read that last night, yawned and moved on. It's written as if they're presenting a whole hoard of exciting new stuff when most of it is simply the normal annual content updates that Kaitheel has been doing for well over 10 years now. I swear, he's the only dev on the team that is still regularly producing new content for the entire playerbase.

New ruleset servers? Yawn. Same old bugged money grab. And if one is only 2 weeks away why on earth are we only just now hearing about it and with zero details? New currency? Sheesh I am 100% done with farming yet another currency.

New expansion? If it's anything like the last five they can keep it.

As for truncated numbers and commas ... Presenting that like it's some exciting new feature rather then the long overdue essential functionality required to actually play the game since the ridiculous stat bloat hit is just disingenious.

The only item that is actually of any real interest is the 64 bit software implementation. And with their track record I'd expect weeks or months of bug fighting before we actially reap the real benefitsx of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I'm probably going to play the new TLE, so I'm glad they finally announced it. Also I know there's not much here but I do think it's nice that they're finally communicating their plans with the community for once.

5. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

That sounds like an interesting idea for a sever. I have my doubts that the idea is executed well but I guess we won't have to wait long to find out. The biggest concern I have is that if it's using the regular mentoring system then that doesn't really solve the power issue. A level 90 mentored to 50 is still going to annihilate everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Its a hard pass for me on all of it.

I am going to be playing the new Guild Wars 2 expansion Age of Dragons that launches in February 2022.

8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

From the sounds of the L&L server,
    They are going to make a copy of the current Kaladim, make everywhere auto-mentor, limit loot to 1800 pieces of controlled loot.
    Everyone is Level 90 so everyone starts and ends at the same place.

Sounds like an interesting server. Will see how they implement it though.

9. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I agree. Sounds interesting enough for me to spend a krono on and check out, but my expectations aren't too high. There's an idea here that can work - other MMOs have done something similar - but as with everything, the issues with Darkpaw are in the implementation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Got my suspicions this is exactly what it is. Everyone starts at 90 but scale down to the mobs? "Well, I suppose I'll do a quick solo run through SH...."

If the server is challenging, it'll be a winner. If not, it'll just be added to the long list of cheap to implement gimmicks and dumb ideas they throw out every year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I refuse to pay this company a single cent until they produce enough content for more than 3 months a year and merge the servers. I have been fooled so many times by now.

Surprised eq2u users seem willing to give their sub servers yet another spin after all the TLEs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I just don't see the appeal of starting at level 90, max for the server, and then revisiting older content and running those dungeons mentored down.

Won't a level 90 still wipe out lets say a level 50 zone even though mentored down? To me the whole idea seems weird on its face.

I know they will screw up the implementation and the gear you can win while mentored will have stats that are only a fraction better etc. guaranteed.

Instead of wasting time on these cash grab TLE's, they should work on the live servers, do a major stat squish, class adjustments (again), add heritage quests and lore and legends for new expansions back in and do server merges.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Making all the level 1-90 content unsoloable is just going to shine a bright spotlight on there being no functional Dungeon Finder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

They're just hoping to last long enough to get a check cut by MicroBlizzVisionKing. It's all desperate cash grabs now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

If the goal is "you can go anywhere at any time right from your first login and be able to do the content," starting at level 90 makes sense, otherwise you'd run into situations like fighting bosses with curses but not having Cure Curse, etc. That is assuming that they get the mentoring down right and you go around one shotting stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1