1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Get Vaccinated

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Feldon, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

cw: Religion

If I can take a moment and use my small platform for some good it would be this one thing -- Please Get Vaccinated.

The vaccine(s) have been dismissed as the "Mark of the Beast". Yet the Mark is a described as a visible marking taken willingly on the hand or the forehead with the Beast's name or number to indicate allegiance to the Antichrist. God would not tolerate the Mark to be hidden in medicine not would he allow millions of his followers to be tricked into taking it.

People believe that if they get sick, God will take care of them, but in numerous examples in the Bible, we are told not to tempt or test the Lord. For example Matthew 4:6-7. Jesus was asked to prove that He was the Son of God by dashing his foot against a rock and Jesus replied "Do not tempt the Lord."

My mother-in-law resisted getting the vaccine until it was too late. Then she resisted going to the hospital until she could barely get out of bed. My mother-in-law had people in her life twisting her and their beliefs to make her fear the vaccine. And in a completely unnecessary turn of events, I had to bury my mother-in-law this weekend after 3 weeks in the hospital.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Feldon

If your objections to the vaccine(s) are due to distrust of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, I hear you. They have given us plenty of reasons not to trust them. I take comfort in the fact that the Moderna vaccine was privately funded (Dolly Parton was a major contributor), and that the Pfizer was developed at BioNTech in Germany. There are no less than 7 global vaccines with various strengths and qualities.

If you did get vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson one-shot a few months ago, I would consider following up with a Moderna or Pfizer shot just to be sure. J&J is not doing well against the Delta strain. All you have to do is go get an appointment and not volunteer any information. Good luck out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Condolences @Feldon.

Double vaccinated with AstraZeneca since 31 July.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Aeriel

Aeriel New Member

My condolences @Feldon

I am mildly immuno-suppressed so double vaccinated as soon as I could. There are risks with everything in life - an adverse reaction to meds nearly killed me 35 years ago. On the other hand a severe bout of measles in childhood left me profoundly deaf in one ear so I do weigh things up. But I really, really wish to avoid catching full blown Covid, especially Delta variant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family, Feldon.

I work in the health sector here in NZ, so have been double-vaxxed since end of April (Pfizer - the only one we have here).

Kia kaha, arohanui.
    (Strength and love to you)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

My condolences, sir. I lost more than a few good friends, mostly on Indian Reservations, in 2020 before the vaccine was available. I've been double vaccinated since April, as have my conservative parents who think the anti-vax folks are full on crazy. Ready for my booster as soon as it's available.

7. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

My condolences, @Feldon .

We're just about done with our latest stint of isolation (my wife's immune compromised) after our daughter tested positive with a break-through infection. We got her tested after she told us the girl she sat next to in one of her AP classes hadn't been there for two days, and texted our daughter that her sister had COVID. We pulled the kids from school that day and got 'em all tested, and all were negative. We kept them home for the rest of the week though, and went to get a second test 5 days later to make sure it was safe to send them back to school & XC practice... and that's when she tested positive. Mild symptoms so far, so the vaccine is doing it's job. We're hoping today's test comes back good, though we probably won't send them back until next week. :(

Oh, and the school finally notified us that she was a "close contact" with someone that tested positive, 3 days after her positive test (and 8 days after exposure). We're averaging about 2-3 emails from the school per week about another positive case - and that's in one of the "good" states in the PNW (our county is one of the worse in the state, though. :( )

8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

My condolences, @Feldon.

All vaccinated here as of end of September. Had a cold right after the second shot though, still getting over it.
    Roll out was a little slow over here. That Moderna #2 is no laughing matter on the second day, but it is WAAY better than the actual disease.

I'll take a week of vaccine side effects over a month on a ventilator with a chance of death any day of the week.

9. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Sorry for your loss @Feldon . I think you and I live in the same state if my memory is correct. I don't understand the reluctance to get the vaccine when the alternative is so dire. Yes I know there are risks but the risk of not getting it in my opinion is far worse than the risks of getting the vaccine. I got Moderna x 2 as soon as I could and will get a booster when I can as well.

10. Feldon

Thank you and thank you for sharing your stories. I have Pfizer x2. No side effects other than a very sore arm. My partner got Moderna x2. Was under the weather for 24 hours each time, especially the 2nd shot. Otherwise no ill effects.

11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I got Moderna ×2 early early this year. Was vaccine sick for about 2 days after each, then poof, all good in a flash.

I live in NM, and just today, hospitals were issued a crisis management order by the state health dept.

The amount of suffering these anti-vaxxers are causing is immeasurable, and it's happening for no other reason than government wants them to get vaccinated.

My anger is real.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Sorry to hear that Feldon :(

Moderna x2 here in the UK, was one of the later people to get it due to young & healthy, but got it the moment possible. It's being rolled out here to 16-17 year olds now, and most vunerable being given boosters into winter.

I would also advise people consider the flu jab this year if you didn't already (Not sure if thats a thing in US?). If not just to protect yourself, but to lower strain on public health services.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The last time I even looked at the OF was after I quoted and commented on a post replying to a thread about anti-vax talk in general chat. The person i quoted was an, "I've done my own research" idiot. Haven't been back since.

• Shocked Shocked x 3
  14. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

/Comfort Feldon

My wife and I both got Moderna x2 back in March/April, sponsored by my company. As it stands right now, I'm still wearing a mask every time I have to go out down here in "Muh Freedumb" rural South Carolina, and since I just had my face removed for cancer surgery 28 days ago, I'm anal about wearing my good masks out, keeping my distance, and generally being unfortunately anti-social. heck, I still carry hand sterilizer with me everywhere, and use it frequently.

The pure, willful, stupidity, is disheartening, if not disgusting where I live :(.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  15. Feldon

Hello fellow South Carolinian. ;) It seems like this is going to be with us for a long time. I've been wearing a mask at stores, but it has been impossible to resist going to restaurants once in a while. I know this is risky behavior. I also know that I'd like there to be some restaurants left when this finally "ends". We've been put in a catch 22 situation. In a just world, we'd have all been paid to just stay home for a few months and let it peter out on its own. Thanks for doing your part and being extra careful!

16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I just want to chime in with what shouldn't need to be said, but should always be remembered: Whatever your choice, consult with a doctor familiar with your health history first.

In my particular case, my recent history of cardiac infection AND a tendency to clot ludicrously fast makes me one of a small group for whom the current group of vaccinations poses a very high risk of serious side effects. It's my understanding that this is not the norm, I just drew a bad hand in this instance.

If your doctor says take it, by all means, take it. But pay attention to what they tell you before making your decision one way or the other.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Absolutely. And it's for people like your good self that can't take the vaccine that those of us who can, absolutely should - to protect you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Oops I was one state off but I'm moving down to SC next year.