1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Daybreak CEO Ji Ham takes over as Enad Global 7’s acting CEO

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Rofl.

EG7 is holding a video conference to introduce Ji Ham and answer questions.

Only it's really a video presentation where people can send questions afterwards.

Here's my prediction:
    Presentation: Everything's awesome. Nothing to worry about. We got this. We're planning big things for EG7.

Questions:
    Ignore any questions that demand transparency and candor, and cheery pick a few that can be spun and released prior to the next quarterly report.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/09/03/...obal-7-plans-a-qa-presentation-for-next-week/

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

Mr. Flodins idea of integration is offical offically dead
    ( EG7 Updates the Strategic Focus on Management Level to Facilitate Growth | EG7 )

In the Q&A session:
    1) We have big things in the pipeline.
    2) Something big with DUCO and Lotro will happen.
    3) Super duper secret AAA game in development.
    5) Keep all companys seperate (Much more easier to kill or sell a subsidiary).
    4) The new leadership has only one primary goal: Raising shareholder value.

Conclusion:
    The words "customer" or "gamer" were not mentioned one time.
    EG7 is a pure investment company.
    They could deal with games, gold or frozen concentrated orange juice.
    Doesn't matter.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I hope they don't screw up LOTRO. I am not actively playing at the moment but I have a lifetime account and I still log in daily for freebies because I do intend to get back to it at some point.

4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Yearly cost for EQ2 when I started:
    • $119.98/year sub
    • $39.99/year for expansion
    Yearly cost when they add these perks to EQ2:
    • $119.98/year sub
    • $187.49/year for top tier expansion
    • $59.88/year for all 3 perks
    • not to mention Ascension, Mount upgrades, Merc upgrades, etc.
    Total in 2009: $159.97
    Total in 2021: $367.35

130% inflation in 12 years. Ouch!

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

You also have to put into context , back then you had content rich expansions while today's one are 3 miniscule Overland Zones and 12 -13 Zones to run for the whole year.

I did read somewhere that both EQ2 Luclin expansions have about 50 % of the original EQ Luclin Content.

What ever happened to premium editions for like 130 Bucks. In the last two expansions the spells directly to Ancient Level are the only valuables.

The Premium Mount ? The raid mount in this expansion dropped so frequently you would replace it fairly quick.

The Premium Familiar ? About 5 months into the expansion and 100 Dollar /Pounds /Euro new Familiars come out.

The premium Merc ? You get the idea by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Meanwhile the last few weeks I've been going absolutely ham on Guild Wars 2 and I haven't paid a thing yet. I'll probably buy the new expansion though.

The cost of EQ2 is just insane compared to other MMOs, though it seems like EQ2's whale milking is the only thing keeping it above water these days...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

And from Zynt linked, sounds like they're finally pushing p2w & even more microtransactions to EQ1. I fear they've misunderstood that customer base, though. Unlike the Siggy-crowd in EQ2 that will just shrug and continue to open their wallet, I think the EQ1 crowd is more likely to say "F it, I'm out" and switch to GW2 or a different game.

Meanwhile... the message about XX players in the login queue continues to show increases (though the overall time to login hasn't gotten appreciably longer, fortunately) for FF:14. I'm finally getting around to working my way through ShB, with the new expansion slated for November. I think early access for pre-orders is Nov 19th, but I'll have to check.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

They're going to kill the franchise. There's enough games with positive buzz on the near horizon that they're going to go full Fippy and crash and burn.

I give them nine months, tops.

10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Honestly this has been the case for about 10 years now. If EQ2 dies, it's because it's killed itself, not because something else has killed it.

There is always the new buzz game around the corner, and how many have actually stuck.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

It's not that New World kills it, so much as it being an option for folks to flee to. I completely agree to your first point, though--when the plug gets pulled, the cause of death will be "Daybreak Games".

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The perks are just the beginning of the p2w. Over the next 3-5 years, they'll build more of them into the design, just like they did with eq2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

I completely agree, a new game on it's own will never kill off EQ2, no matter how good it is. Why? Because most of the ones that are still playing are institutionalized (if you prefer a Schindler's List analogy), addicted and don't want help or an intervention, or are so wrapped up in a sort of sunk cost fallacy, that they can't bring themselves to leave the digital licenses they've "invested" so much in.

It would take even more missteps by Daybreak, with the availability of other options that the player base considered viable alternatives.

For EQ1 however - my perception is that they've been shielded from much of the EQ2 p2w shenanigans, with most microtransactions confined to cosmetic items, etc. If the implementation of these "perks" is the first sign of that barrier coming down, I don't think that player base will have the same attitude of grin-and-bear-it that EQ2 players do.

I enjoyed my time in Norrath, and I'll keep the framed canvas map on the wall, next to the one of Thedas... but unless something dramatic changes (like the IP changing hands to a team that's actually invested in it), I don't see myself logging back in. Except maybe to update guild permissions to make one of those still playing an officer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I wonder if this are the super secret AAA game they mentioned they had in development:
    https://www.di.se/bors/pressmeddelande/bcb00d21-b822-57d8-9d01-558fe06fae72/

15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

I haven't gotten all the way through this yet, because work, kids, etc.... but just the sheer difference between the almost complete lack of communication we had in EQ2 and this, is freakin' amazing! And yeah, they had a live producer's letter about 1-2 months ago, and mention here that they plan to do another one after the expansion release in November.

Side note: The bit on communication between players and devs from about the 36:00 - 48:00 minute mark is particularly amazing. Especially the "sound bite" around 47:24 or so. ;)

16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So the TLDR version:
    • Scrapping Robin's dream of a centralized ecosystem and staying as is in a decentralized format but introducing inter-business collaboration.
    • Mechwarrior 5 had good development and community reception but crap sales on the PS5 so is a loss maker.
    • Mechwarriors team will ramp down and will most likely be sent to help an LOTRO update
    • Daybreak made the most money out of the companies.
    • Has changed from BFNAR reports to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) reports
    Share Holder Breakdown:
    upload_2022-1-16_9-25-4.png

Fredrik Ruden is to be appointed the Deputy CEO and CFO (probably is now)
    upload_2022-1-16_9-26-47.png

Board Members who say the report is truthful:
    upload_2022-1-16_9-28-38.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1