1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It's around 7pm mst, and there are 6 responses, two of which are devs.

All that aside, the annual rehash of the same events they have every year is super exciting.

Also can't wait to learn about the one new zone people will run 500 times until Dec.

Guess I'll activate my membership, buy the top tier box, and drop about $3k- $4k into the shop so I can get up to speed and jump right into all the unexpected downtime.

• Devil Devil x 4
  2. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Another Commonwealth Fund study, another year of the US once again ranking last in access to health care, equity, and outcomes among high-income countries. At least we're consistent! Been in the basement (yep, dead last) in every study they've conducted since 2004.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/health/us-health-care-rankings/index.html

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

They usually add the puzzle zones around this time of the year.
    Udder Contempt, Trolling Cowboys zone, SoL Eye, etc...

It keeps some people entertained.

Seems like there is going to be another level booster as well.

4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I get charged $22k a pop for a monthly eye surgery to try and keep me from going blind. I have been since November. Since I do not have insurance (My choice since the premiums are close to $1200 a month, have a $10k deductible, and then only cover 50% of the cost) I have been able to negotiate that down substantially. Insurance wouldn't cover it anyway as it is considered "elective." That's a side tangent but I promise the things I would say here about the folks that consider not going blind being elective could get me thrown in Gitmo. I am also a T1D and have been for 35 years. So there's a novel length response to the cost of insulin I could go into as well.

There's a few things that should never been part of a Capitalistic society. Namely, Healthcare, the Justice System, and Education. I'll call on John Brown's vengeful ghost and Count Coup on anyone who wants to fight me over it too. I'm very well off at this point in my life, in my mid 40s, white, male, and gainfully employed as well. I'm in the lower bracket of privileged. But except for 2 of those things, I haven't been for most of my life and I am paying for it in spades, and cash, now.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

Haha. They're even mailing in the Producer's Letter now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Given the USPS's struggles these days I'm not sure this is an upgrade over them phoning it in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I don't have a problem with having incentives to go into medicine--given what you have to shell out and go through for med school I don't see a viable alternative to meet demand--the problem, much like what's happened to education and any number of other fields, seems to me to be the layers upon layers of administration that look like they're driving costs. I think you could get farther from for-profit and closer to sanity if you cut back on all the paper-shufflers looking for a paycheck. (Full disclosure: paper-shuffler in a different field looking for a better paycheck.)

8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The "Middle-man" driven economy we live in is ridiculous. That's why I have made a successful career out of being a middle man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Matik

Matik New Member

The inconsistency is so strange... "it was a bug and it must be fixed no matter the effect" is a wonderful stance except you're ignoring all the other AAs that don't do what they've said since the revamp and have been reported multiple times during, and after beta. The game is still sitting there with an AA revamp that needed to be revamped since the day it went live.

"I don't really know what is going on but I looked at one AA real quick" It's wild to think that this is what drives game balance and money spent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Yup, it's was a bug that was "fixed", however, it is also something they have been balancing their encounters around, also their "class balancing".
    To fix it without giving something back to the class overall is a slap to the face.
    There are also players that spend like $3k to play the game with that class, to make their P2W'd dps class into a mediocrity, I don't see those players being there next expac.
    You see a couple of them writing stuff in the thread too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

His reasoning for the changes make sense, but if it's true that the class just took a 15%+ dps hit then that's insane. You can't just "take a quick look" and annihilate a class' dps potential like that.

Also how does the balance dev not know an ability is performing that far out of its intended scope for half a year? Were any of the balance changes even tested? Ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

You know, it really leads one to think that they've got a "wheel of doom" in Kander & Caith's space. Every now and then they'll gather for lunch (and a few adult beverages and/or recreational substances), and give that sucker a whirl.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

So... GU drops tomorrow

Producers letter a week ago said to stay tuned for an article on it.

Apparantly that article is coming tomorrow, after the GU has dropped.

What is the ****ing point of writing it if we're already in it? Why does nobody at DBG think that maybe if you publish it beforehand, it may generate some hype/excitement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

This is the same company that has gone from a 4 day event in Las Vegas with 7 panels about the game, to a 90 minute livestream 3 months before the expansion and a launch livestream on the day, to a 1 hour livestream a month before the launch, to literally nothing but a matrix on everquest2.com and an announcement thread. They do the least they can get away with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Finally, 10 and a half hours before the downtime and long after half the planet has gone to bed ... Server Downtime and Patch Notes - August 10, 2021 | EverQuest 2 Forums
    *yawn* so exciting ...

As for this:
    would somebody care to explain to them exactly what a 'swarm' is?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The swarm merged into one entity I guess...

Looks like necros got a pet boost, but dunno how much it will really affect them though.

Seems to be a couple of quality of life updates, but doesn't seem very meaty for a GU.

19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Patch notes give no real indication of the actual content either. Other than it being Vasty deep, are there solos? Heroics?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

upload_2021-8-10_15-23-50.png

• Funny Funny x 3