1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

24 (or 36?) Hour Daybreak Maintenance

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

So uh.... @Zynt you know a bit about EQ things.... got a pile of stuff, any of it any good? o_O

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Only if you plan on playing. What server you on?

4. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Quellious, which I guess is Povar now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

No idea, probably. It should say. I'm on FV if you want to "start over" it's not that bad especially with auto-grant AA. It's probably the largest, non TLP, server. I don't play consistently though. I've been afk for like 3 days right now. That being said, if you play, enjoy it, and stay for awhile I've got resources and a GH you can join for ports and such at any time.

6. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Yeah, it's Povar. Don't really want to start over, just messing around a bit during downtime from work and when I don't feel like hopping on FF - definitely not going all access.

Spent the last couple of sessions organizing my bank and inventory.... and went through and re-organized my entire spell book. I know I can right-click on the spell gems, but my OCD demanded I organize it properly, lol. Fortunately, I've still got about 35k plat, so I was able to pick up the new (to me) Shammy rez. I'll do a bit of 2-boxing with the shaman (level 68, Tank merc) and ranger (62, Healer merc) this afternoon - mebbe do the anniversary quest for the PoK gate item. ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

Anyone else amazed my post is still up? I usually get DW'ed pretty quick.

That almost makes me wanna reinstall just to see what I got. Almost.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

There's a decent login promo going on right now but it ends tonight. You have to be All Access as well.

9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They have already extended our 36 hour downtime to 37 hours and brought the servers down an hour early. SMH.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Hahaha yeah, I saw that. I was like.... "huh - everywhere I've ever worked, 'preparing for downtime' was included in the downtime, if it meant services were down / not being provided." Guess that's just me.....

Sometimes I feel bad for DW and feel like people on the other teams are trolling him. If it was something like "Oh crap, the utility company can only get out here at 11 pm to disconnect power at the facility before we start working, we need to change the downtime...." then just announce something like "We need to adjust our previously announced downtime to an hour earlier, to coordinate with partner agencies." Boom - done.

Brightside, I finished that 9th anniversary quest a few hours before the downtime started and got my PoK teleport brick. That should hold me over until I get back into the swing of things, finish getting some decent gear (and weight reducing bags - those damn things took most of my cash supply, lol!), and get around to finishing the PoP quest for the gate trinket.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Get the Drunkard's Stein. It's a insta clicky PoK port with a 30 min cooldown and just requires a tad of skunk farming and some alcohol tolerance. 16th anniversary quest.

Pub Crawl - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Remember, this is the company that thinks a 'hotfix' requires downing servers and interrupting services ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So 16+ hours in, coming up on US primetime, the forums will be hopping with addicts going into withdrawal for their game, right? Nope. Still deader than the proverbial ... It's almost like nobody has noticed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I can't even log in on the forums, it says "station.sony.com" can't be reached.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Can't imagine why ... Are they EVER going to update those domain calls?

• Like Like x 2
  16. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

You mean essentially run a search and replace? If it works as well as LootScript 6000 does then it’ll probably take the game down permanently.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You may have a point there :oops:

18. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Heck, if I was them I would have forced a cookie exchange to log everyone out....

That way, when they post in an hour or so to announce that the "24... err, 25 hour downtime is being extended indefinitely....", no-one will be able to complain! ;)

19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

:D:D The whining actually started about an hour before they were due back up.

How times have changed. I can remember back to when mods like Kiara used to start threads of forum games etc. to keep people occupied through these extended outages.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Losing it a bit over there, Wulf? :cool: