1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon cancels their Lord of the Rings MMO

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Zhaanish, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Amazon cancels their Lord of the Rings MMO:

Amazon has canceled its Lord of the Rings MMO game

I thought it was an odd game for them to make since there's still a successful Lord of the Rings MMO out there, albeit dated. I still enjoy it.

What little I read about Amazon's plans sounded like a much twitchier version and set prior to the LOTR. That didn't really interest me. The game play I've seen on videos for Amazon's New World is also twitchy. I'm not sure a twitchy somewhat hack and slash is the right format for the typical LOTR fan. I think the current LOTRO is better suited to the somewhat older demographic that seems to make up the hard core LOTR fandom.

I think the trend on new MMOs to be twitchy is what has driven me to almost exclusively playing deckbuilder and rogue-like games and a few "survival" games that have building and "easy" modes like Raft. I don't want what I spend my leisure time on to be stressful and hard on my body.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I cant say im upset. Apparently Tencent, the chinese partner, wanted to do all sorts of changed to comply with CCP censorship, including changes to how some races look, how they talk, part of the story and how to make money on the game etc.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ElenaDeborah11

ElenaDeborah11 New Member

Terrible news