1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

hurray, after 5 jears abstinence i am back....

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by schnugggel, Apr 8, 2021.

1. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

.....not yet.... :oops:

more than 6 hours serverdown now... :confused:

Attached Files:

• tna.jpg
      tna.jpg
      File size:
      179.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I always feel bad when I see how excited people are returning only to realize the game is a hollow shell of its former self a week later.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

i know, but .....: MUCH better than nothing and all other " MMO`s" :D
    ..and the most important thing are my friends...
    My dudes who remembered me and now we can have a funny time together....
    honestly its a little bit like coming home hoping that the new owner of EQ" dont shut down the game and will realize that this game is woth spending some money and time for it.
    Its only a little piece of hope... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

...i need more coffee now......

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Sooo.... 6 1/2 hours of short notice downtime, that was extended an hour.... and now extended two more hours?

Remind me again, what was Feldon banned for? Oh yeah, calling out EQ2's shitty infrastructure. Huh. How 'bout that.....

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

Wulfgyr, want a cup of my tasty coffee.. ? ;)

i never understood Feldons ban. Its such an idiotic decision....
    "Theybreak" lost so much support with that decision..

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  7. Ursa Minor

Ursa Minor New Member

Just look at the Announcements section . . .
    Server downtimes on:
    Feb 25
    Mar 2
    Mar 4
    Mar 9
    Mar 16
    Mar 23
    Mar 25 (Thurgadin only, yay!)
    Mar 26
    Apr 1
    Apr 6
    Apr 8
    Eleven downtimes in 43 days. Even if it was only a single hour per incident (it's not), that's less than two 9's reliability.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

uuh, thats a realy long list......
    i know why i call them "Theybreak" .. :confused:
    maybe its the new art from "Theybreak" making the membership more expencive...? :eek:

PS : 00:15 server still down.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I didn't even know about this until it was over and having just got up to date on the OF I haven't seen a single post screaming "waaaaah! why can't I login?" despite the extended period involved. Not one, nada, zip. Time was when the boards would have been flooded with whining during an episode like that, now they're deader than the proverbial dodo. But it's okay. #blessed tells us it's because it's spring, and the end of lockdown and everybody is out prancing in the park ... #deluded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Don't forget the 3 day? crash of the test server. which is hardly the most stressed of the bunch :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've held the opinion for years that the forums for a game are generally a reliable indication of the health of the game, or at least the game's community. You might need to look at the top 2 or 3 other related sites like sub-reddits, crafting or gear resources, fan sites, etc. But, almost always from my experience, if there are dead or toxic official forums then so is the game.

People on the OF didn't appreciate it when I pointed this out even 5 or so years ago.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Welp regardless of how crappy things may try and get today, it's still a Freakin' awesome Friday. COVID shot #1 in the books and already got my appointment for #2, woots!

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Had my first 2 days ago, and second is booked for 30 April. Woohoo! (although, man, my arm was sore for a few hours)

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Finished up my shots on the 8th and as a T1 Diabetic who lost 3 other T1 Diabetic friends to Covid-19 I'm breathing easier now.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  15. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Meanwhile in Guildwars 2, server downtimes the past 4 years I been playing:

may 11 2020

That's it, one downtime where you couldn't log in and play in the past 4 years. Might be even longer but I cannot find any info from before I started to play.

Edit: As a compensation for the 6hour downtime, we got a free mount skin (worth 1200 gems) and extra 400 gems.

Edit2: Before anyone ask "don't they ever patch?". Yes, they do every week. But they dont take down the servers, they just run two different version of the game. So when they patch you get a message in game "new patch avalible, your client will close in 2 hours". So you can finish whatever you were doing before closing and repopen the client, download the patch and then login and continue were you left off.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

A member posted this on the EQ2 OF in response to an inquiry about the current state of the game and I thought it was a very honest and well phrased assessment:

The current "endgame" is a weird amalgamation of pain and suffering designed to milk money out of people who can't let go, and the "mechanics" dev doesn't play the game so it leads to a lot of o_O moments and years of stagnating issues that are ignored. I would pass unless you just want to level lock and explore old quests and areas, in which case there is years of quests to do, but you better like soloing. It already hasn't gotten "good dev support" for years, as to how long it will be around... that's up to the whales I guess ;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. schnugggel

schnugggel New Member

*honest and well phrased*

jes, it is , definitly ! :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2