1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'm thinking about giving Project Gorgon another shot. It's been a couple of years since I looked in on it and now it apparently has a free demo. I remember it as a game that I'd recommend fans of older MMOs at least look at.

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

AoC Dev Stream Feb:

19:30 for gameplay footage. Game looks really good.

• Building functionality into the website so that players can do stuff on their phones; Guild chat, recruitment, AH's, etc.
    • Next player test in 3 weeks or so.
    • Combat Animations: took player feedback from last test, made animations freer and more fluent.

3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

The game looks beautiful. Not sure if the gameplay will be what I'm looking for. But in my wildest fantasies this is what an Everquest 3 looks like.

4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I just bought a PS5, I'm super excited to play Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. Does anyone have recommendations for PS4/PS5 games? (I also bought the Dark Cloud games and the Shadow of the Colossus remaster)

5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Get a cheap PS+ sub from cdkeys.com and make sure to check out the PS+ Collection (you can see the list of games here: PlayStation Plus Collection details revealed + your November PlayStation Plus games).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. EvilTreerat

EvilTreerat New Member

Discovered Generation Zero courtesy of a LetsPlayer and enjoying it. Yes its only 4 people max on a map at once, but that is 3 more people than could be found for 97% of the content in EQ2. Plus there is something to be said for a game that has enough polish that you can dive behind the wreck of the last robot you shot and hear bullets bounce off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

The future of multiplayer is small. I don't think it's coincidence that Valheim has 10 people max per map and blew up 4 million in February alone. (Not the sole reason either, but I suspect it's baked in the cake.) Just you and a few friends, no trolls or griefers or random jackasses.

8. ElenaDeborah11

ElenaDeborah11 New Member

I am still playing Skyrim on my old XBOX. Can't do anything- just love this game. I don't have typical hobbies like cooking or gardening. When someone asks me "What do you need?", the first thing I can think of is "What I need? What I need is for Alain Dufont to die."

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

AoC April Dev Stream:

• Around 24:00 for gameplay footage - Dragon raid bosses! These mobs are part of the siege environment and designed for 40-60 players. Defeating them awards a buff.
    • Alpha one teeing up. Going to be testing 100 v 100 sieges as a part of this package.
    • Looks like they've toned down player particle effects quite a bit. Looks much better.
    • More cosmetics and environment art to check out.

10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I knew Holly would **** up any game she would be lead producer on, but the pricing for the wow BC servers is just nuts.

$69.99 for a deluxe edition of a 2008 game relaunch. Includes a mount, two useless toys, a single level 58 boost and 30 days of game time.

Cloning your character so you can keep them in both classic and BC will cost you $35.

Level 58 boost $39.99. They did include a 1 per account limit...

Imagine launching a classic version of your game and selling goddamn overpriced character boosts. The classic wow community is not happy campers these days.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  11. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Yeah, an Aussie associate of mine characterized it as "**** That!!," and is looking to play Diablo unleashed instead.

And while @Fuli is mucking around with AoC next weekend, I'll be participating in the 30-hour stability test for a different "vapor-ware" title, rawr!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Oh, no. I don't mess with testing environments, ever. I probably won't even buy the game until 3-6 mos after OR.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, this sorta sucks. Jeff Bard has left Intrepid to take a job in VR development. He's a really, really good dev and his presence will be missed!

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

So I bought a new pc that, according to tests I've run, can play 98% of games out now. I got Valheim and really like it when I want to watch Netflix but it lacks the adventure content I want. It's a stupid fun landscape building game tho with "Devcommands" enabled. I also started playing PoE again and that fixes the, "Kill ****" side of things but crafting is terrible.

What's suggestions? I may try FF again but I would like something newish. A couple things - I am steadily losing my vision and some days are way worse than others. I'm not a fast twitch dude. I need sandbox type, open world, do wtfever you want type games.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'd recommend Raft. It's fun, not twitchy if you turn off the shark attacks (mode you can play in) and there's a story to it you can progress through but you can also just focus on exploring and/or the survival aspects. There's a lot to it and they are adding more chapters over time. You can also play with friends if you want to but it's not an MMO.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That settles that one. That's cheap entertainment either way. Thanks for the infos, sir. Where you playing t?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

i almost got this on STEAM but went with Valheim instead. I might give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

The li'l bit of time I do get to play, I'm on the Crystal datacenter, Zalera server. I tend to bounce between that and EQ1, depending on my mood. :D Got a newly expanded role at work that I'm still settling into- at least it came with a decent raise though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Raises are always nice, thank you AMC. I logged out of EQ1 a couple months ago and didn't play for a few days now I'm just not interested again. it happens. Congratulations on the promotion, sir.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1