1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 EP1 Kanders Candor + Caiths Class Update

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Matik

Matik New Member

Something funny I noticed today is, he himself defines "profession abilities" as "any abilities that are in your Spell and Combat Art knowledge books." but today I was testing one of the revamped AAs (as you have to, to figure out what they ACTUALLY do) that gives potency to "profession spells" except a) it didn't apply to heals at all... which are profession spells by any definition and b) it did infact apply to things that aren't in my knowledge book o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They pretty constantly leave heals out of buffs these days. Not that it really matters, the caps on heals haven't changed in over 3 expacs now, while the incoming (and outgoing) damage continue to increase.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matik

Matik New Member

There was another episode posted and despite having Caith on they managed to say nothing and answer zero questions. It was actually pretty impressive. Other than "pvp server beta test soon" it was truly a waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Will have to check it out when I get a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That's been par for the course for a while now....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ok, so people are screaming for a new currency above plat to reduce the excessive numbers in the inflated economy and then Caith posts this:

Seriously? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes x 1
  7. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

... Why? Seriously why list it out in copper I don't understand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

To be a utter and total ****.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Possibly internal costs are all done in copper, so he just pasted it into it without converting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

He put it in copper to demonstrate they can use commas in large numbers...... when they want to.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That seems par for the passive aggressive Caith post.
    Like when people asked for more details in patch notes and he supplied an exhaustive (unsorted) list of decimal updates to a few stats on hundreds of hundreds of items...

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I found Caiths podcast to be "this is my J-O-B". Maybe he was nervous, but that was how it came across to me.
    Feldon would probably have more insight into his more casual character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They did this stupid **** in EQ1 years ago when they introduced the "noble" which costs @122,023pp 1g 2s 7c (It varies, or used to, due to Charisma.) and sells back for 105K platinum. Nobody used it, nobody uses it now. This was introduced in 2014. It is now used ONLY with a special merchant that was put in a few years ago that sells a different rare and no longer in game item each day but only for varying amounts of Nobles ranging from 10 to 180 nobles.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It's weird. Everything in the game is stored as copper, but most things also have silver, gold, and platinum fields. So you can put coin in either way. Or, hilariously, you can put a huge amount of copper AND silver/gold/platinum. You see this a lot in quest data (before they stopped giving us that at least).

But to publish your game update with everything in copper pieces seems like mocking players honestly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

About what I've come to expect from Caith, given most of his interactions with players....

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Not to be an ass or anything but he's a living stereotype.

17. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Caith left discord a few days ago. Apparently he is the guy who has been kicking and banning people for being unhappy.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Color me shocked!

That dude is just toxic. Funny that the "ban hammer" himself has been removed from discord :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'd have bet on that no hesitation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Yeah I was pretty sure it was either Caith or Kander. Or both.

• Agree Agree x 3